Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who actually watched Inception?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one who actually watched Inception?

Because I keep seeing inception jokes being putting one of an item inside another of the same item.

THAT WASN'T WHAT INCEPTION WAS IN THE MOVIE.

Inception was the act of planting an idea in someone's mind that they would think was their own.

The dream within a dream? that was merely the method. It's the difference between the needle and the drug.

I knew that Inception was the idea of planting an idea in someone's mind they thought was their own, but unfortunately most people are now stuck on the idea that Inception means "something within something within something" and it's really ridiculous.

Hell, I knew what inception was an I haven't seen the movie.

Comment

Sorry, fell asleep 15 minutes into the movie.

Shutter Island, I lasted about 45.

Comment

There was a movie?
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I thought you were talking about Matroyshka (sp?) Dolls for a minute there. ^^

Comment

I watched Inception. Half of me wants to watch it again (though mostly just for Cillian Murphy), and the other half of me says "why bother?"

There was one scene from the trailer that said to me it was going to be a great movie. "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." Where was the wildly fantastical dream stuff that scene suggested? It never materialized. And so I was extremely disappointed.

As for the memes that sprung out of the movie, meh. They don't align with the actual movie.
            "The future is always born in pain... If we are wise what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world." --G'Kar, "Babylon 5"

Comment

Originally posted by Ghel View Post

Where was the wildly fantastical dream stuff that scene suggested? It never materialized. And so I was extremely disappointed.
              You might be interested in another movie called Paprika. It's about a therapist that goes into the dreams of her patients, to put it at the most simple explanation possible that is.

Comment

I thought that when people used the word Inception in the meme, they meant it as in "it's like what happened in that movie Inception," not "It's like what Inception was in that movie I saw."
                "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
                We are contented, because he says we are
                He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

Originally posted by MrsEclipse View Post
                  I thought that when people used the word Inception in the meme, they meant it as in "it's like what happened in that movie Inception," not "It's like what Inception was in that movie I saw."
                  The problem is that the word "Inception" has a definition, and isn't just a randomly generated word to slap on as a title for the Movie. So when they do the "this thing, within the same thing, within the same thing" and then they alter the word "Inception" and slap it on there, they're implying that "Inception" means something, within the same thing, within the same thing.

Also a lot of the people who I've seen commenting on these memes do think that Inception is describing the act of going into a dream within a dream. No one seems to have paid attention to anything other than Leonardo DiCaprio and "We need to go deeper" and dream diving.

Comment

most of the inception memes i see are rhyming word plays. like "conception" or "infection" or etc. and it's always dicaprio and murphy in that one scene back-and-forth. it's rarely about something in something, those are saved for that guy from pimp my ride (name escapes me now)
                    Last edited by siead_lietrathua; 12-05-2012, 11:32 PM.
                    All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Xzibit. 'I heard you like X so we put an X in your X so you can X while Xing'

Comment

Working...
                      X