Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog fashion; what's the point?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...rking-mad.html

These people seem to be completely unable to grasp the fact that their pets are dogs; they seem to be labouring under the delusion that their dogs are furry children. -.- What the hell is the point of dressing dogs up in stupid clothes? They have fur coats to keep them warm. -.-
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

It's hardly the silliest fad among the rich and elite. That doesn't bother me nearly as much as some of the other crap. Sure, the dogs walk funny, but they're not being hurt.

I always put my dog in holiday costumes. She prances around for a few hours, and when she starts to paw at it, off it comes.

Comment

What's the point? So people can all go D'AAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!
      WHAT A CUTE WIDDLE POOPSIE WOOPSIE!

Our short haired dogs get little doggie coats in the winter so they don't get all cold when they come outside with me >.>

Comment

The only thing we ever dressed our dogs in was a bandana. Of course, we've always had big dogs.

That said - I think it's silly, but meh. As long as the dog isn't bothered, and it's not my money, I don't care.

Comment

That's silly as hell...but whatever. I guess rich people need to waste their money on something...

There's worse things they could do with their animals...at least the dogs seem happy and pampered.
          "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
          "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

The point of that particular fashion show was to raise money for charity. Most of that stuff was designed for free by big name fashion designers, like Vivian Westwood. It is a form of art. And yes, some art is sillier than others. Doesn't make it any less art.

Comment

My dogs (pugs) wear coats and boots in the winter. Otherwise, they freeze and the road salt cracks the pads of their feet and they can become infected.

Why yes, they DO look ridiculous. It's a pain in the ass and I hate doing it. Unfortunately, Canadian winters pretty much require people to dress up any breed that wasn't bred for harsh climates.

Comment

I agree with dog fashion as far as having old dogs and those dogs with really short hair manage to stay warm and dry. But as far as fashion accessories and affairs like sunglasses or "dog weddings", count me out. A new line of supidity as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Now, I have to say, when/if I ever get married, I would be really tempted to stick a bow tie collar on my dog and include him. Don't know that I'd do it (stress of having a dog around a LOT of people).

But, I agree, whenever people "marry" their dogs to other dogs? Bizarre. They just want to have sex!

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
                    They just want to have sex!
                    So did I. But my husband insisted.

I kid, I kid.

Comment

I hated selling those doggie jackets at my old job; no matter how much you straighten out the display, all the coats would be out of their package and discarded everywhere by the end of the day. I don't think we were ever able to match all the coats to their corresponding packages (for those that still had packages).
                      "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

the only thing I ever put on my dog other than his collar and harness (collar has his tags), is a bandana and that's it. It's cute, but kinda silly to dress up a dog all the time.
                        There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

My ex-GF loved to put little coats and sweaters on my dog(who I no longer have either). It drove me batshit.

Me: Dogs don't wear clothes!!

GF: But she looks so adoreable!!

Me: No, she looks confused.

No longer have the GF because she was nuttier than squirrel shit. No longer have the dog because I learned the hard way I'm not a dog person. (But I am a GF person. Need another one of those. )

EDIT: To ward off accusatory questioning, the dog is fine to my knowledge and living in Santa Rosa somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Jadedcarguy View Post

Me: Dogs don't wear clothes!!

GF: But she looks so adoreable!!

Me: No, she looks confused.

And that's just the thing. When people dress up their animals, they are annoying the crap out of another living creature for their own selfish amusement.

Comment

I think annoyance on the part of the animal is a very individual thing. Do my horses get annoyed if they wear blankets? I would suspect not since they poke their own heads through the neck holes when I present the blanket. Do the dogs get annoyed at collars with their contact info on them? Probably, but it's a necessary evil. If it's not physically, mentally or emotionally hurting them, who cares? Our pets get fed, cleaned up after, and cared for well in general, if they have to put up with wearing a sweater now and again, I would consider it a small price to pay.

Comment

Working...
                              X