Miracles (VERY NSFW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miracles (VERY NSFW)

I wanted to post this in CS.com, but it has a chance for fratching, so I didn't want to chance it. Now your probably scratching your head and saying.."Wait...shouldn't this be in religion?" Nope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs

It is about a controversial song by Insane Clown Posse called miracles. You'll have to listen to it to find out why it is controversial (since I won't quote it as it has curse words), but basically to ME it is how I look at life. Now I question EVERYTHING, including my own beliefs. It is just who I am. Yet I love to see the miracle in things also. So this song sort of struck a cord with me. I am not a 'Juggalo' in fact this is the first song of ICP that I like that I know of. So..listen (or not) and give your two cents worth here. I am interested if anybody else thinks the song has a negative message.

I've listened to it before, and just can't bring myself to listen to it again, so I'm only going off of memory here. I personally find the song absolutely, horrendously stupid beyond words. My husband played it for a friend of ours, and her reaction was "Is the singer retarded? I seriously think he has some kind of mental deficiency." She honestly thought, just by listening to that song, that the people had medical mental retardation To this day, we sometimes randomly throw out a line about "M-Fing magnets, how do they work?" as a joke.

I find the song anti-science. It's fine to see the beauty in things, but the song basically says don't question anything because God. Or something. They certainly don't have a way with the English language.

I really don't like ICP, heh.
    Last edited by ExRetailDrone; 03-06-2013, 08:53 AM.

Comment

I was thinking was this the song that spawned the mormon trolling meme about magnets and then to see the line avove, yes this is the magnet song.

Only heard a snippet before on the rap critic worst lyrics I've heard this month section.

Comment

Every time I hear that line about magnets I always think back to Dr. Insano shouting, "How, you may ask? How? With SCIENCE, of course!"
        "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsoul View Post
          Every time I hear that line about magnets I always think back to Dr. Insano shouting, "How, you may ask? How? With SCIENCE, of course!"
          Best mad scientist ever.

Comment

*chuckles* I think the magnets thing was tongue in cheek to be honest. What I don't understand though, is how two lines out of a song causes such controversy.

Comment

If you listen to ICP's stuff they're not exactly anti-science, they're very much anti-religion
              I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
              Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

I just can't bring myself to listen to more of ICP's stuff than I already have. I find them and their fans to be idiots. I honestly had no idea the song had actually caused controversy until reading this thread, though *shrug*

Comment

Anti-religion... and yet ICP - who sang about murder, swore like sailors and wrote some really fucked-up (funny in a juvenile way, but fucked-up) lyrics*, then came out and did two albums in which they claimed all the symbolism in their previous albums was in strong support of God and Christianity - one about heaven and one about hell, apparently.

*Examples: "Love Song," a love (more like love-to-hate, or hate-to-love) song about skanky, filthy, dirty women... and "Bugz on my Nutz," about bedding dirty girls, catching STDs, getting the problem fixed (and whacking her over the head with a brick for not saying she had crotch-rot) and then eagerly seeking out another skanky ho and doing it all over again.

Apparently, they claim, the violent and sexual lyrics are the "hook" that gets the inner-city types to connect with them-- and then they lay down the, "...but I'M not like that any more, because of God. And you can be, too." Maybe that IS the way to reach gangsta types, and maybe it's not, I dunno. (The only self-professed Juggalos I know insist that the religion thing has to be a joke. I think it isn't.)
                  Last edited by Skunkle; 03-08-2013, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
                    If you listen to ICP's stuff they're not exactly anti-science, they're very much anti-religion
                    You could be both anti-science and anti-religion.
                    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
                      You could be both anti-science and anti-religion.
                      I believe that's just anti-intelligence.
                      I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                      Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Anti-science vs. anti-religion. Ahh, the old debate about how you can only be pro one or the other. I'm pro-science and pro-religion.

ICP don't seem to touch that debate, per se.

Comment

Working...
                        X