No announcement yet.

Mercedes Lackey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part of it has to do with Dresden's growth.

The first few, he has to rely on being a detective first because his powers can't support him.

Then he hits on his power stride and we get the awesome craziness.

Now, we have to watch him deal with a new power set that he didn't really want.

Which I think is fascinating in and of itself.
    I has a blog!

Comment

I agree, I don´t think is is bad the series shifted it´s focus because it is done in a very natural way, and does not feel forced. Helps to keep it fresh and the characters do evolve very nicely with it.

Although I wouldn´t mind a "throwback" book, so to speak. Maybe a prequel.

Also, How do spoiler tags? Wanted to comment with spoilers but didn´t find the tags.

Comment

Originally posted by SkullKing View Post
        I agree, I don´t think is is bad the series shifted it´s focus because it is done in a very natural way, and does not feel forced. Helps to keep it fresh and the characters do evolve very nicely with it.

Also, How do spoiler tags? Wanted to comment with spoilers but didn´t find the tags.
        I don't think they exist here. If they did, anyone receiving updates by email would see the unobscured text anyway, just as italics shows up as plain text and bolding just adds asterisks before and after.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by SkullKing View Post

I doubt we'll get a prequel book, but we might get a time travel book. Time travel is against the laws of magic after all, and, well...laws are made to be broken.

Comment

Vanyel gets better, and he's written that way for a reason. If you've read any of the other books, you'd realize he ends up one of the best known heroes of the kingdom, essentially second only to the founder.

He's an annoying, whiny, unlikeable person at first, but he develops into someone who deals with responsibility after responsibility being thrust onto him grinding him down to nothing, without complaint, and who doesn't run from hard choices.
            Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
            Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

Working...
            X