Dear Discovery Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Discovery Channel

I sat down in front of the television to watch the new mythbusters air. Completely legally, with all the commercials, no downloading, no tivo nothing. However it was a rerun, the American viewers get to see the new episode, but Discovery Canada gets a rerun. Fine then, I'll just wait a couple hours and download it.

I wonder why that happened?
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

because it's canada, we never get the new episodes on time. We don't get all the cool tech toys, we don't get all the neat vendors. people charge twice as much for stuff for no reason, it's Canada. Our nextdoor neighbour has a costco membership and refuses to share.

Comment

Because content distributors can't manage to figure out that information is global and easy and continue to pretend that borders mean something.

The time when they stop with the petty squabbling over who gets what and when and just provide the content at a non-usurious price with concurrent releases and multiple modes of consumption, we'll have unicorns farting double rainbows. And they'll make a crap ton more money than they do now.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
        X