New ST movie promotes ... wait for it ... bestiality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ST movie promotes ... wait for it ... bestiality

At least, according to a diatribe by Pastor Kevin Swanson.

From the jackass' horse's mouth:

"So I did a little search, turns out there was a Catholic site, had a little forum discussion on the issue. And nobody brought up Leviticus 18 Dave, and of course the whole premise of this is that within an evolutionary construct there is no real problem with speciation and cross-species mating, there’s no problem with that at all, in fact that’s how you evolve, that’s how you get evolution, and so the end result of course is that evolution has no basic problem with bestiality or cross-species mating."

Don't forget his co-host, quoted as saying:

"Well you know I could understand that Christians would get upset if it was a male of a different species. No actually, I’m not sure that the bestiality and the homosexuality are really all that different."

Maybe somebody should give them a ST primer about how all the various carbon-based bipeds all share the same origins to begin with, or how evolution actaully works.
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Not to mention he obviously never watched the original series, with Kirk *ahem* getting it on with females all over the galaxy on a weekly basis ...

And I think he's mixing up "evolution" and "really kinky" ...

Comment

Right. "Interspecies" in Star Trek is basically equivalent to interracial in real-world Earth. Which anyone who's seen pretty much any of the previous material would have picked up on. Which means they've picked up at least one new viewer, which I guess is a good thing.

(Evolution *does* sort of work that way... for bacteria. Not for anything close to vertebrates.)
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I've seen some pretty stupid things before...but this one has to take the cake.

Comment

It's pretty rare for different species to be able to interbreed anyway- though there is evidence that sufficiently closely related species can. ( Tigers and Lions, us and Neanderthals, horses and mules...)

Comment

You mean horses and donkeys. Mules are the sterile offspring of horses and donkeys - it's impossible to breed horses and mules together. =^_^=

Comment

ok, horses and donkeys. (and there are fertile mules, so in theory one could breed with a horse...)

Comment

I also recall hearing that after the pre-human/chimp split there was still some interbreeding going on between the two groups until they finally diverged into separate, incompatible species.

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
                  it's impossible to breed horses and mules together. =^_^=
                  Maybe they're just not trying hard enough!
                  "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsoul View Post
                    Maybe they're just not trying hard enough!
                    Neither are the Panda's

Comment

Working...
                    X