No announcement yet.

The Doonesbury "Say What?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What I keep coming back to in all of this is, unlike other issues -- Katrina or the Iraq War -- this is something that touches so many people's lives across the country, and you don't know whether the president is going to be able to successfully dodge it."
    —Fox News' Martha McCallum on Obamacare

Average IQ: 100
    Average Fox Viewer IQ: 60 (maybe)
    Average Fox Employee IQ: Room Temperature (again, maybe)

It's getting apparent that they believe their own lies.

Comment

• "I'm looking forward to President Rubio stacking the courts."
      —Sen. Mitch McConnell on the recent filibuster rule change in the Senate

Typical. Democrats look for ways to prevent abuse of the system and republicans look for ways to abuse the system.

Comment

• Clear the backlog now, and that won't even be possible.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

• Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
          "I'm looking forward to President Rubio stacking the courts."
          —Sen. Mitch McConnell on the recent filibuster rule change in the Senate

Typical. Democrats look for ways to prevent abuse of the system and republicans look for ways to abuse the system.

actually, both parties tend to stack the courts- however, it has tended to be more successful by the republicans. ( Historically, the Supreme Court has always had a conservative bias. On the other hand, that isn't necessarily a bad thing- considering that most of what the Supreme Court deals with is constitutional issues, you don't want interpretations changing without quite a bit of evidence)

Comment

• I never said that the democrats didn't. But the change to the filibuster rules was to actually get stuff done where prior the republicans were essentially freezing the senate. After the Senate republican lead realized that they couldn't stop it the first response is "I'm going to abuse this change!"

"I never went to the bathrrom in the toilet. Every game I peed myself. Six years straight I peed down my leg."
            —NFL linebacker Channing Crowder on his 82 games with the Miami Dolphins

Just, eww.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
              "I never went to the bathrrom in the toilet. Every game I peed myself. Six years straight I peed down my leg."
              —NFL linebacker Channing Crowder on his 82 games with the Miami Dolphins

Just, eww.
              Now you why some people wear latex gloves to handle laundry.
              Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

• "These bins are for Wal-Mart employees to donate [food] to other employees. And where can Wal-Mart's low-wage workers find cheap food to donate? Wal-Mart. Anyone can afford food there... except people who work at Wal-Mart."
                —Stephen Colbert

Once again, you know you need to re-evaluate your company if Colbert calls you out on it.

Comment

• "I look at how easily people are made to follow and made to believe things, and lied to, and act like sheep. There's a professor...a liberal professor named Noel Ignatiev, and he is actually teaching -- and I am not making this up -- he is actually teaching and telling white male students to commit suicide to benefit society. 'The key to solving the social problems of our age it to abolish the white race.'"

Rush Limbaugh, falling for a satirical online post

And once again, Rush is so determined to prove the "ebil liburl agenduh" that he believes a work of satire. Trolling this guy is way too easy...

Comment

• "Sharia law is now changing everything."

Fox News anchor Heather Nauert, on a St. Paul YMCA swimming class for five-to-fifteen-year-old Somali-American girls, during which men are not allowed in the pool area

Uh-huh, sure. Must be Sharia law. Couldn't possibly be to protect the girls like other mono-gender classes. But because it's a predominant group that practices Islam it must be Sharia law doing it.

Comment

• "This year, we are celebrating the Holiday Season with a Black Friday special that is better than any deal found in stores. Donate $5, $10 or $25 to help Governor Walker get reelected and save your children from a future of double-digit tax increases and billion dollar budget deficits."
                      __

Taylor Palmisano, (now former) Aide for Friends of Scott Walker

"Hey, don't spend money on unimportant people like your children, give it to us."
                      Scott Walker is the current governor of Wisconsin.
                      Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

• Originally posted by catcul View Post
                        "This year, we are celebrating the Holiday Season with a Black Friday special that is better than any deal found in stores. Donate $5, $10 or $25 to help Governor Walker get reelected and save your children from a future of double-digit tax increases and billion dollar budget deficits."
                        __

Taylor Palmisano, (now former) Aide for Friends of Scott Walker

"Hey, don't spend money on unimportant people like your children, give it to us."
                        Scott Walker is the current governor of Wisconsin.
                        ** Hangs head in shame that I live in that state****

Heck the way things are going (unless he IS going for the Presidential Race in 2016) he will be reelected Gov. in 2014
                        I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                        The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

• "It is music and dancing that makes me at peace with the world... and at peace with myself."
                          —Nelson Mandela

You've lived a very hard life Mr. Mandela. Enjoy your rest.

Comment

• "He was fighting against some great injustice, and I would make the argument that we have a great injustice going on right now in this country with an ever-increasing size of government that is taking over and controlling people's lives -- and Obamacare is front and center in that."
                            —Rick Santorum on Nelson Mandela

Slight difference Santorum. Mr. Mandela was fighting to give his people a better life. You're fighting to take it away.

Comment

• "I think it's outlived its usefulness. It may have been of some value back in the Great Depression. I would vote to repeal the minimum wage."
                              —Rep. Joe Barton

There are company owners right now that would rather face the fines than actually pay their employees. I don't see anything positive in giving them the capability to not have to even pay those fines.

Comment

• Does anyone point out to politicians that they are basically in a minimum wage themselves?
                                I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                                Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X