[SPOILER] Doctor Who BBC iPlayer Exclusive short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
    I get the phone analogy, but I had only seen him have a new one pop out of the tardis console once after the old one was blown up, granted all he would loose is a day or so of unbacked up calculations, but it was never established that he has to charge / sync it at any point, so it's like having one, breaking it and starting afresh with a new one. ordinarily I paid little heed to it, after all it's replacing a tool with another tool, it was only the whole "I've been running this subroutine for 400 years" malarkey that made me think.
    Who says he has to consciously? The TARDIS could do it automatically. She's far smarter than him
    I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
      Who says he has to consciously? The TARDIS could do it automatically. She's far smarter than him
      Yeah, in The Doctor's Wife episode she has backed up and archived old control rooms that the Doctor hasn't made yet. For neatness.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
        I'm missing something on the screwdriver problem. My phone backs up to my computer whenever they're connected. If for some reason I have to replace the phone, the first thing to do is load it from that backup and sync. It's a short delay, but nothing's lost. Why would the sonic screwdriver and the TAEDIS have a worse arrangement?
        The reason being that it certainly seemed, based on Fifth's reaction to the Screwdriver's destruction
        I feel like I lost an old friend
        and the fact that he never used a Sonic Screwdriver for the rest of the show that the Screwdriver didn't just back up another Screwdriver on the TARDIS. Otherwise why wouldn't he have just grabbed another one?

The problem is not just that Davison's screwdriver broke, but that he never got a new one, C. Baker never got one (he had a 'Lance') and McCoy didn't have one until the movie.
        "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
        ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Working...
        X