Brenda Wood Responds to the Coca-Cola Ad Controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brenda Wood Responds to the Coca-Cola Ad Controversy

Brenda Wood gives an almost perfect response to racist tweets following a Coca-Cola commercial. I can't say it better.
    Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Step 1) Remove penny from pocket.
    Step 2) Read "E pluribus unum".
    Step 3) Shut the fuck up.

>.>

Comment

They probably don't like that, either, it not being English.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

What left me speechless was the number of hysterical "patriots" who didn't know that this isn't their national anthem. For crying out loud, I know that, and I am not an American, nor do I live in the U.S.

Comment

Personally, I can't help but wonder how many of the overly patriotic asshats wouldn't think this song is so "sacred" to our country if they knew it was written by a lesbian.

Comment

Unfortunately, this reminds me of the controversy of Sebastien de la Cruz, the 11-year-old boy singing the "Star Spangled Banner" at the NBA finals. They were complaining about a "Mexican" singing our national anthem. It also reminds me of the controversy of Marc Anthony singing "God Bless America." They were complaining about a "Mexican" singing one of our songs.

Actually, de la Cruz and Anthony were born and raised in the US. Even if they weren't, they still have every right to sing our patriot songs. Also, "God Bless America" was written by Irving Berlin, a man born in what is now Belarus.
            Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

Those people would probably attack someone singing "To Anacreon in Heaven" as unpatriotic. Hell no - the Yanks ruined a perfectly good drinking song.

I've heard that "Battle Hymn of the Republic" was written by a Southerner, and "Dixie" by a Northerner (think of events in the U.S. 150 years ago).

As for the people who say Obama shouldn't be president because (they claim) he wasn't born in the U.S.? Not a peep out of them regarding George Washington, who DEFINITELY wasn't born in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                As for the people who say Obama shouldn't be president because (they claim) he wasn't born in the U.S.? Not a peep out of them regarding George Washington, who DEFINITELY wasn't born in the U.S.
                Technically the laws for becoming president didn't exist back then that do now. But knowing the nutjobs today, they probably would complain.

Comment

Originally posted by bex1218 View Post
                  Technically the laws for becoming president didn't exist back then that do now. But knowing the nutjobs today, they probably would complain.
                  It's in the constitution itself, but the authors, not being complete idiots, put an OR in there to allow for people already living at the time.
                  "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I guess thats true. It is hard to get someone born in a newly founded country who qualifies for that position.

Comment

Originally posted by bex1218 View Post
                      I just relish in the fact that the ones who proclaim that Obama shouldn't be president tend to be the same ones who look at Ted Cruz as their next presidential hopeful.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                        I just relish in the fact that the ones who proclaim that Obama shouldn't be president tend to be the same ones who look at Ted Cruz as their next presidential hopeful.
                        Some had previously wanted to change the constitution to let Arnold Schwarzenegger to run for president, too.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
                          Some had previously wanted to change the constitution to let Arnold Schwarzenegger to run for president, too.
                          Any new law (or change in an existing law) that is meant to cover one person (or a small group of people) is a bad law.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
                            Any new law (or change in an existing law) that is meant to cover one person (or a small group of people) is a bad law.
                            IN movie "reality" aka Demolition Man that did indeed happen
                            I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                            The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Yet those same idiots would have no problem with Senator Cruz running for President even though he is documented as a Canadian.

Comment

Working...
                              X