X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ree View Post
    BTW...what is "Xtian stuff"??
    Originally posted by daleduke17 View Post
    Christian stuff. Some people can't find the ability, apparently, to type the whole word out.
    you're half right Dale-

the x comes from latin and is the latin letter for christ, i.e. x-tian means christ-tian or christian-also why X-mas is an abbreviation for CHRISTmas

Here is how the word "Xtian" breaks down...

1). the "X" in Latin is defined as 'To delete, cancel, or obliterate' (i.e. kill, crush & crucify).

2). the "tian" in Latin means 'to hold, grasp, have'.

So an "Xtian" is a believer who dies to self (gives up everything they hold & have), thru the power of Jesus Christ and radically conforms to His image; a servant/bondservant of Christ. Not by their own power but by submitting everything in their lives to Christ (even if they have to die), for His glory.
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

It also depends on the person using it...I use xtian to differentiate between the idiots, and the 'true' Christians...and it's *very* rare that I have any problems with people who actually *FOLLOW* the rules of Christianity. You know, the whole 'Turn the other cheek', 'be kind to your fellow man', 'judge not'...The things that the typical xtian does the exact opposite of
      Happiness is too rare in this world to actually lose it because someone wishes it upon you. -Flyndaran

Comment

Thanks to everyone for explaining what Xtian meant.

Not to be rude, but can we please get back to the actual intent of this thread, which was to discuss whether TV has gone too far for "entertainment".

There are already plenty of threads debating Christianity, and as a Christian, myself, I would prefer not to have this thread turned into yet another one.
        Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Does anyone remember the opening of the movie, "Time Bandits", and the little boy's parents are watching a show called "Your Money or Your Life"? You bet your money and/or your life and if your partner on the show gets the question wrong, you lose either your life or your money. I'm afraid the TV shows are going to progress to that.

I hate reality shows. I love the "sappy 80's shows" and the only shows I watch nowadays are the dramas. No comedies, etc.

*MOD EDIT - Too hard to read black font on dark grey background.
          Last edited by Ree; 02-03-2009, 10:00 PM. Reason: Font colour
          Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

I don't watch comedies either (okay, I occasionally watch Reba reruns on Lifetime, shhhh). But for the most part I find them stupid and annoying. And not to mention how people are paired up. Geeky guys with hot vapid girls Get away from my geeks you idiot! And really hot beautiful women with total schlubs like Kevin James. But never the opposite.

I just stick with my NCIS. *snuggle*

Comment

I watched the clip, but didn't think it was all that graphic, a lot of what happened actually occurs out of frame and allows your mind to fill in the blanks.

Watch it again and note down what you actually see, there isn't a great deal.

What I think this scene has done is to show how desperate some people are to not get sick that they would undertake this kind of action.
              The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with it. Robert Peel

Comment

Originally posted by crazylegs View Post
                I watched the clip, but didn't think it was all that graphic, a lot of what happened actually occurs out of frame and allows your mind to fill in the blanks.
                I haven't watched the clip because I'm ultra-sensitive to violence.

But sometimes the implied is worse than the clearly shown. Like horror films. They're always scarier before the killer reveals himself.

Comment

<SHUDDER>
                  <PUKE>

but hey i did click the link knowing what it was going to be.
                  tho i have seen worse... (worse only cos it was self mutilation of private parts and NOT fake)

do we have brain bleach here?

Comment

Working...
                  X