Nancy Naeve Responds to Viewer Complaints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nancy Naeve Responds to Viewer Complaints

Many viewers complained about KSFY constantly interrupting programming so the weatherman could warn people about tornadoes and severe thunderstorms. Nancy Naeve ranted about the viewers' complaints by saying that reporting severe weather is more important than watching some TV show. While I admit that showing bad weather can be annoying, I know they are doing a service.

After all, missing a TV show won't kill you, but a tornado just might.
    Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

This feels like some kind of Homer Simpson joke, having him call a TV station to complain about tornado warnings preempting his TV show shortly before a tornado sucks him up.

Comment

They still interrupt for whether broadcasts? Around here, they just flash an alert on the corner of the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
        They still interrupt for whether broadcasts? Around here, they just flash an alert on the corner of the screen.
        They do that where I live, but our region so rarely get tornadoes it's more a warning of severe thunderstorms in the area and flash flood warnings. The only weather that could really level buildings around here are hurricanes, which we have ample warning of.

I could definitely see the threat of a tornado that could level an entire town to be something you'd really interrupt a broadcast for, though.
        Last edited by TheHuckster; 05-16-2014, 02:58 PM.

Comment

this is just like the idiots calling 911 when they couldn't see the breaking bad finale

Comment

Originally posted by Weird Al
            And I said, "God, please answer me one question?"
            "Why'd they have to interrupt 'The Simpsons' just for this?"
            What a drag, 'cause I was taping it and everything
            And now I'll have to wait for the rerun to see the part of the show I missed
            Just seemed appropriate.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

When the movie/pilot of Battlestar Galactica was delayed so they could give the results of the Presidential election, I was PISSED. This is Canada, after all - why interrupt the schedule for FOREIGN news? Of course, I was a kid at the time - this was the original BG, and they were announcing Regan's election.

Comment

Kinda how I felt as a little kid (in the US) when they kept interrupting our precious Saturday morning cartoons for news about the war going on in the Falkland Islands ~_~
                "Judge not, lest ye get shot in your bed while your sleep." - Liz, The Dreadful
                "If you villainize people who contest your points, you will eventually find yourself surrounded by enemies that you made." - Philip DeFranco

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                  In my area, they stay on nonstop until the immediate threat has passed, then they'll run the ribbon across the bottom of the screen with a thumbnail shot of the area radar.

Doesn't matter what station I'm watching. Channels 2, 8 and 12 all do this. Whether it's one of the winter storms we had back in February and March or severe thunderstoms like what created tornadoes a couple of weeks ago (4 counties in eastern NC were hit. Durham was hit by an F1 just yesterday and another one was spotted near Charlotte as well but so far I've heard no confirmation of that one but I digress)

Frankly I think I'd rather know what's going on outside with the weather than worry about a tv show (which I can catch up with online later - especially if the word "tornado" is mentioned. We've had sightings close to my area lately and I don't think I want to wake up in the Land of Oz and deal with a wicked witch, thankyouverymuch.

Kudos to that reporter - wish we had more that would speak up and set these morons straight.
                  If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

Originally posted by EricKei View Post
                    Kinda how I felt as a little kid (in the US) when they kept interrupting our precious Saturday morning cartoons for news about the war going on in the Falkland Islands ~_~
                    That's what my brother was upset about after the flood on 09 June 1972, the Saturday morning cartoons weren't on. The power being off might have had something to do with it but when you're 7 it doesn't make much of a difference. That is until my Dad took my brother and me down to Canyon Lake to see a small portion of the destruction. The lake was pretty much gone and the spillway gates were clogged with trees, cars and other stuff.

Comment

About 20 years or so ago they cut off the last 15 minutes or so of the X-Files so they could show the long drawn out, totally unexciting slow speed car chase that OJ made through the byways of LA. This went on for like an hour or so.

SO in this case the interruption was totally unnecessary.

I do remember ALL the networks (the ABC station was the channel I was watching had the AUDASITY to interrupt BATMAN (from the 1960s) for some "dumb" (at least to a 5 or 6 year old) reason.
                      I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                      The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

That's the trouble with live TV: they began airing it thinking, reasonably though wrongly, that something interesting enough to justify the interruption was going to happen. And once you've done that, when do you give up? It's hard to say "oops, this isn't worth watching after all," especially when things aren't resolved yet and, dull though it's been so far, something big might happen next minute.
                        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I'm embarrassed to say this, but I was pissed when all the Canadian networks pulled their programming to cover the Ottawa shootings, thus making me miss a few minutes of the most recent season of Survivor. I was even more mad when I changed the channel to CBS and still saw the news coverage, because I knew that my cable company replaces American content with Canadian content if both channels are broadcasting the same show.

It wasn't long until Survivor was restored, though, and I was mightily ashamed of myself to be thinking only of myself.

Comment

One time when I was a kid, the TV show I was watching was pre-empted for breaking news of a train crash four states away (its final destination was where I was.) They had nothing more to say than "this train totally crashed, you guys, people were hurt," and they kept on saying that for the entire time slot. To this day, mostly because I don't know the details so I don't know how serious it actually was, I don't know if the pre-emption was necessary and I was being selfish or if it really wasn't worth pre-empting the entire show. Best I can figure is that this was after the internet, but before most people got their news from the internet, so they had to keep repeating it so people channel-surfing would catch the news. Because a train crash is bad and all, but there are only so many ways you can say "this train totally crashed, you guys, people were hurt. Maybe someone you knew, if they were on the train."
                            "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
                            We are contented, because he says we are
                            He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

For something like that, I can see staying live thinking new information will come in any moment, only it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X