Jesus is white?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus is white?

Ok had to run into town today and there was one of those bible thumper nutjobs standing in the parking lot ranting on about this and that. One of the things he was going off on was how since Jesus was white he would condone the crusades going on in the middle east now.

First off I didnt know we had declared this a crusade again nor that Iraq was part of the "Holy Land" and therefore worthy of a crusade in the first place.

Secondly Jesus was from the middle east. Aramaic if I recall correctly (at least his "dad" Joseph was. Which means he wouldnt exactly be the standard long dark haired caucasion hippy (sorry but thats the way he looks in most representations) that hes depiocted as but more along the lines of say al rashide or omar shariff or somesuch.

So how do we know that Jesus was this white guy in the middle of an olive skinned people? Wouldnt that have been a bit odd as a kid?

Not saying anything against this I just found it rather funnny this guy was using Jesus' skin color to justify an attitude of hatred and violence against another people who might have had a better claim on jesus than the caucasions.

Just some food for thought.

Jesus is a descendent of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, from the Tribe of Judah. He is Jewish through and through. And you're right, folks from that region tend to not be very pale. He most likely had olive-toned to medium brown skin and dark, curly hair.

The guy who said that was an idiot, your typical git who uses (twists) the Bible to say what he wants it to say, to back up his ideas. I very much doubt that Jesus would agree with him.
    People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
    If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

he was a nutjob, probably not a christian even if he thought he was
      might even be mentally ill but might just be brainwashed or stubborn or a number of things

Comment

Well....considering Jerusalem is in a different country from the one we've invaded, we're pretty crappy crusaders, if that's what we're trying to do.....

Comment

xcashier: Thats what I thought. Yeah I sincerely doubt if Jesus was real (Sorry I'm an aethiest/agnostic) that he'd approve of most of the BS beign said/done in his name.

Ryu: I'm not sure what his deal is. Although he's one of the local "colorful characters"in town. People call him Bible Benny cause he's always goign on about how this or that is in the bible or getting on one tangent and sticking with it no matter how ludicris it is. I've never actually tried to have a conversation with him but from what I've heard its about as effective as talking to a trained parrot.

AFP: Maybe we took a wrong turn at albequirque? either that or crusading against the acient babylonian deities. You know how those followers of Marduk get.....

Comment

Yes, let's free Jericho from the infidels!

Oh.....

Wait....

Comment

Every religion seems to have its loopholes of convenience when it comes to subjagating someone else....
              "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
              "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

Originally posted by rahmota View Post
                xcashier: Thats what I thought. Yeah I sincerely doubt if Jesus was real (Sorry I'm an aethiest/agnostic) that he'd approve of most of the BS beign said/done in his name.
                Oh he more than likely existed. There is evidence in favor of a man named Jesus of Nazareth, born of Mary and Joseph existing in the timeframe the Bible claims him in.

It's his divinity and his powers that are subject to debate.

Frankly I'm of the opinion that the miracle of loaves and fishes was nothing more than a big honking stone soup party.

As for his skin tone, well Christ was born in the middle east, born of a family descended from a middle eastern tribe...he's going to be olive skinned at the very least.

M
                “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Well I thought there was still some debate on the existence of Jesus the human vs jesus the divine. I would be willing to agree and accept the jesus the human definately. Its the divine part I have problems with. You know how those PR programs go with each telling things get bigger and more spectacular each time around.

But yeah no matter which way you look at it the odds of him being caucasion would be quite low.

Comment

I'm not sure exactly where I read this, as it was quite a while ago, but the idea of a 'divine' Jesus apparently exists because way back when (I think it may have been around the 8th century or so, from memory), the church leaders 'decided' to put him forward that way.

I'm not saying, however, that that is correct, since I can't even remember where it was I read it.
                    Beware the Spaniard (for he has a cutlass hidden on his person at all times.)

Comment

Working...
                    X