No announcement yet.

Weird jump, but is masturbation sinful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but masturbating in front of people in public is illegal, so it's better he turns it "inwards"
    I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
    Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Ree is correct, as far as the Catholic viewpoint is. It's a sin because your'e giving in to Lust, and some could/would say Greed and/or Gluttony as well, which are 3 of the Seven Cardinal Sins.

As for a different reason, I'd have to go with what others have brought up as far as the verse where Jesus says that even thinking about it is just as bad as doing it or the puritanical belief of it being "dirty."

CH
      Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

I haven't read the whole thread but someone said that the point of sex in the eyes of religion is to procreate and only to procreate. Well masturbation can improve stamina and production therefore making you more effective in an actual sexual encounter.

Masturbation isn't sin, it's exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
          Masturbation isn't sin, it's exercise.
          Actually I read something up today about the fact that if you wanna try for a baby, you need to have MORE sex, not LESS sex. Something to do with the sperm being damaged if they can't escape often.

I wonder if the concept could apply for masturbation

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
            I wonder if the concept could apply for masturbation
            Your smiley says your joking, but it does. Frequent emptying of the epididimys stimulates additional production of sperm, which have greater vigor for being fresher. Works the same as the "more sex" approach.
            Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo
              You're welcome, I'm guessing it wasn't a 20' spray?
              Every time I open this thread, I see that comment and... well, and.

From what I understand, "frequent emptying of the epididimys" is not only healthy, but required. If a man does not masturbate, then it is extremely likely that he will have a wet dream or "nocturnal emission." (Although there's currently no scientific evidence for this as of yet).
              The key to an open mind is understanding everything you know is wrong.

my blog
              my brother's

Comment

Originally posted by joe hx View Post
                Every time I open this thread, I see that comment and... well, and.

From what I understand, "frequent emptying of the epididimys" is not only healthy, but required. If a man does not masturbate, then it is extremely likely that he will have a wet dream or "nocturnal emission." (Although there's currently no scientific evidence for this as of yet).
                TMI time.
                Not for me. My medication elminates my sex drive, and my sheets stay dry.

Comment

Working...
                X