The Bible is too liberal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bible is too liberal

At least that's what they are saying at Conservapedia. In fact they have a whole project to rewrite the Bible.

http://conservapedia.com/Conservative_Bible_Project

[sarcasm]I wonder if they'll get rid of that pansy ass Jesus in the second book. [/sarcasm]

They've had that project for a while, and the entire site is full of whack-jobs. Some of them make Phelps look like a Commie.
    Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

I am at a loss for words... honestly... I never thought I'd hear someone complain about the Bible, the most conservative literature on the planet (well, perhaps the Koran is more conservative) , being too liberal.
      "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Eh, holy books are so internally inconsistent that anyone can "make" it say anything they want. The fact that some are too lazy and or stupid to do it, just goes to show everyone their true colors.

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
          I am at a loss for words... honestly... I never thought I'd hear someone complain about the Bible, the most conservative literature on the planet (well, perhaps the Koran is more conservative) , being too liberal.
          Depends on how you define conservative. The Bible actually contains quite a few passages that seem to support communism and sharing your wealth, which is quite contrary to conservative economic policies. Also, Jesus promoted helping the poor, not bragging about your religious piety in public, and not seeking material wealth, all of which are not practices I see being espoused by the "Christian Conservative" movement.

Comment

Nothing says 'sacred' like rewriting a religious book for your own gain.

sidenote: apparently the koran IS fairly accepting of others views etc. it's (just like ultra right wing conservative christians do with teh bible) simply certain people twisting it and taking selected passages TOO far that gives us the view of koran and muslims etc. that is widely held today.

Comment

Originally posted by MergedLoki View Post
              Nothing says 'sacred' like rewriting a religious book for your own gain.
              You make it sound like it's something new.

The Bible has been rewritten so many times that it's no longer anywhere NEAR what is suspected to be the original.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                You make it sound like it's something new.

The Bible has been rewritten so many times that it's no longer anywhere NEAR what is suspected to be the original.
                If there even was an original or if that Jesus guy ever lived.

Comment

It seems that people in these fringe groups perceive a "liberal bias" in just about everything. They complain about all the news networks being "liberal." They complain about the entertainment industry being "liberal." Evidently even the Bible has been infected with this ominous virus known as "liberal bias."

Comment

Well I mean come on. Jesus was a liberal...

just look at it.

- He had a beard and long hair

- He hung out with poor people

- One of his friends was a whore

- He gave away his money.

Now old testament god was a conservative.

the ol 'i'll drown your ass if you don't go along with what I say!' way of thinking lol (just trying to shed some humor on it all folks :P)

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
                      It seems that people in these fringe groups perceive a "liberal bias" in just about everything. They complain about all the news networks being "liberal." They complain about the entertainment industry being "liberal." Evidently even the Bible has been infected with this ominous virus known as "liberal bias."
                      Maybe they should consider creating their own news channel that's anything but "liberal."

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
                        Maybe they should consider creating their own news channel that's anything but "liberal."
                        They did. It's called "Fox News."
                        Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

Now I have a mental image of someone going "The Bible is the literal Word of God and we must obey it, but it's wrong so we must change it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Flyndaran View Post
                            If there even was an original or if that Jesus guy ever lived.
                            Whether or not you believe in Him as the son of God, there was most certainly a young man born in Bethlehem, whose parents, Joseph and Mary, went there due to the census instituted by the regional Roman Governor. And his name was Yeshua (or, in English, Jesus). He was raised in Nazareth, helping his father while learning the craft of carpentry.

He was also crucified in the mid-30s, during the Passover season, as a rebel.

All of these were gleaned from remains and Roman record-keeping. They were meticulous record keepers.

(Summation: All historical evidence points to the existence of a religious leader named Yeshua, who was of the lineage of David, and he was the son of a Carpenter. He was executed by the Roman Empire because he posed a threat to the entrenched power bases.

Whether or not he was the Son of God, both fully human and fully divine, or simply a very charismatic religious leader with some really good social ideas, that's where the matter of faith begins.)
                            "Never confuse the faith with the so-called faithful." -- Cartoonist R.K. Milholland's father.
                            A truer statement has never been spoken about any religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade Man D View Post
                              <snip>All of these were gleaned from remains and Roman record-keeping. They were meticulous record keepers.
                              He was also a brown skinned Jew. But that doesn't get in the way of the whole snow white blue eyed American Jesus(tm) thing either. >.>

Comment

Working...
                              X