Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my hometown, but sometimes I'm embarassed to be from here :(

http://www.wlwt.com/news/21593851/detail.html

Basically - a billboard had to be relocated, because people got 'so upset' by it's message that they phoned in threats to the people inside the building, who of course, had nothing to do with it.

The sign reads 'Don't believe in God?......You're not alone.' With the website underneath.

I don't know why I'm surprised, this is the same city that had the big uproar over Mapplethorpe exhibit (which I loved) back in 1990, although I don't think we were the only city acting stupid over that situation. In this case, the billboard has apparently been erected in 14 cities, but they've only had to remove/relocate it here.

*sigh*
    Last edited by Peppergirl; 11-12-2009, 09:14 PM.

Man I am sorry that sucks. At least it isn't gone completely.

God you know Carlin would have had a field day with this one too I miss him.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
      Man I am sorry that sucks. At least it isn't gone completely.

God you know Carlin would have had a field day with this one too I miss him.
      He totally would.

I called my mom, who is a pretty hardcore Catholic, and her response was to sigh and say 'Great. Threaten people in the name of Christianity!' Love my Mom! She's sharp and witty still, obviously...but she summed it up perfectly. Whether you believe in God or not is not the point. It's about free speech.

I voted in the online poll. And I was truly appalled by the results:

1. Didnt like it, glad it was moved. 29 percent
      2. Didn't like it, but it's free speech. 36 percent
      3. Liked it, wish it had stayed. 35 percent

Nice. If you don't like it, don't go to the fucking website!! Ugh. I don't know why I'm surprised , the more I think about it.

Comment

Working...
      X