If homosexuality is not a choice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
    In reality, Mother Nature is gay as all get out.
    Mother Nature colors fairly evenly with pretty much the entire spectrum.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by LewisLegion View Post
      Chastity is required for all members to a POINT. Chastity is required from heterosexual members UNTIL THEY MARRY.
      No, chastity is for everyone at all times. *Celibacy* is for unmarried people.
      Last edited by Ree; 06-23-2012, 08:06 PM. Reason: Provided link to quote being used
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

No, chastity is for everyone at all times. *Celibacy* is for unmarried people.
        Sorry, got my semantics wrong. I stand corrected. However, question remains the same.

Heterosexual members only have to remain celibate until they marry. Homosexuals have to remain celibate forever, being denied that connection, partnership, and the affection of romantic love with someone they are attracted to.

Forever. Imagine that for a moment. For the rest of your life, you're not allowed to date, fall in love, kiss someone you're attracted to, hold hands, make love, share responsibilities, support, or care.

For your entire life. Forever.

That is not what is being asked of heterosexual members, only homosexual ones. Thus the argument 'we are not asking anything of our homosexual members that we do not ask of our heterosexual ones' is a complete untruth, a total fabrication.

Comment

Originally posted by LewisLegion View Post
          That is not what is being asked of heterosexual members, only homosexual ones. Thus the argument 'we are not asking anything of our homosexual members that we do not ask of our heterosexual ones' is a complete untruth, a total fabrication.
          It's a polite fiction they tell themselves, and the world, to try to get around the fact that they're being utter hypocrites. A good number of them actually believe it, too, because it's easier than thinking all the way down the line and coming to the same conclusion you just have.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I am afraid I don't have a specific reply to this, but I can say the Christian views on homosexuality have been a source of spiritual struggle for me.

Not because I have any homosexual tendencies but because I really can't stand the way a lot of Churches and so called "Christians" treat gay people.

I've always found it interesting that Jesus NEVER mentions homosexuality. He mentions marriage, he mentions sin, he mentions love but he never mentions being gay.

The most prominent places homosexuality is addressed is in Leviticus (which is were you'll find the well known scripture referring to it as an "abomination") and in the letters of Paul, I believe in either 1 Corinthians or 2 Corinthians.

For me personally, I say that Jesus' greatest command was to "love one another as I have loved you". That's it. Care, respect and dignity for everyone. That's how I live my life.

I work with a woman who is a lesbian. I may not necessarily agree with her lifestyle but I do not mistreat her in any way. In fact I respect the hell out of her. She's the kind of person that will have your back when you need her to.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
              It's a polite fiction they tell themselves, and the world, to try to get around the fact that they're being utter hypocrites. A good number of them actually believe it, too, because it's easier than thinking all the way down the line and coming to the same conclusion you just have.

^-.-^
              Then they come to my favorite: "Everyone can marry someone of the opposite sex. You just don't want to." Never mind that that's about as sure a path to disaster and heartache for all involved as you can find.
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                Then they come to my favorite: "Everyone can marry someone of the opposite sex. You just don't want to." Never mind that that's about as sure a path to disaster and heartache for all involved as you can find.
                To which I point out this:

What if someone said to you (you meaning the presumably straight individual that just spouted this idiocy) you are allowed to get married, but ONLY if you marry a ninety year old, 700lb man with severe halitosis?

What? Don't want to get married to him? Why not? He's perfectly nice. What, you'd rather instead get married to someone you're attracted to? Don't worry about that. Have sex with him a few times and that'll fix itself. Wait, you don't agree? In fact, you'd rather go and vomit than even attempt to have sex with this man even once?

Well, then. You're just being silly. You can get married, you just don't want to...so stop complaining.

Comment

Working...
                X