No announcement yet.

Pope slams gay marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the Church talks about the culture of death, She's not saying you shouldn't be happy. That's fine and good. The fact that She believes that the most happiness is found in following the ways of God is a different matter entirely. What is meant by the culture of death is the idea that you can go out and pursue your happiness in whatever manner of your choosing and ignore the consequences thereof. Specifically to the whole speech Benedict XVI made, the idea that we can do whatever we want to the environment and not try to fix it. Or listen to any rap song today. All about doing whatever you want, even illegal activities, and getting away with it. That's what the Church means. Sure, go have your fun, but be willing to accept responsibility. Hence the importance of self-denial. If you can't accept the consequences, then self-deny.
    I has a blog!

Comment

I do whatever I want. I just happen to not want to do anything illegal. I think the assumption is if people do "bad" things they are ignoring the consequences.

I don't think all of them are I think some of them do bad things and then face the consequences as necessary.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

Working...
      X