Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They hate my religion. I just loled at them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They hate my religion. I just loled at them.

This is really a commentary on two stupid, naive girls, not on religion. It's just here because that was their subject of choice. They do not represent their entire religion!

This part in semi-tarzan speech to save time. So I got some lunch, was alone, doing lesson plans. 2 girls sit next to me. Tables close together. Girls start to pray. People are free to do what they want, untill:

G1: (To me) would you like to pray with us?
    Me: (cheerfully) No thanks
    G2: why not?
    Me: It's just not my thing
    G1: why not?
    Me: No thank you (thinking I'm Jewish, back off)

Here are bits and pieces of their conversation:

G1: I love my roommates, I can read my bible every night and then reflect with them (awesome, I would love to hear these reflections because I love when ignorant close minded people get all deep. Not saying this about religious people, just this girl. Remember the above incident? That's just not normal.)

G1: So, I thought I went to a Christian school, but in my art class my teacher wanted to know how many people were celebrating some yoshie catapult (said exactly like that) thing. I can't believe they get to skip class like that. Anyway, 60% of the class raised their hands. It was totally wrong. I was like, where are all the normal people? (gee, thanks. Actually, I am kinda weird.) Well, I transferred out of that school. They totally misrepresented themselves.

G1: I looked at this one school, but there were too many dark haired people, and you know what that means. (no, I don't. And let me tell you, G2 had dark brown hair, and I'm a blond)

G2: You know, I used to wear all this Jesus stuff, but then I realized, strip that all away and what do you have? I wasn't showing my love for him, now I am. (Deep)

Again, I am not making fun of a religion, just these girls.

Woman on my left loudly commented how stupid some people were.

G2: I knew a couple of jews, but they weren't really religious, just jewish by race. I guess they were ok. But you know, there're no Christians like that. (Ok, am I wrong, or are there just as many Christians who only go to church on Christmas as there are Jews who only go on Passover?)

Woman on my left: I haven't been to church in ages.
    Me: I play at a lot of services. I think it's interesting. All the little differences in churches still confuse me, but I think it's cool how things can evolve over time.
    WOML: Yeah, just shows you how many different kinds of people there are in the world. (probably thinking, yeah, she'll play this make fun of their idiocy game with me!)
    Me: And it's wonderful to have like minded people to talk to, I just don't like all this I'm right you're wrong stuff.

G1: Uh, but they are wrong. They'll learn though.
    Me: I'm perfectly happy not learning
    LOML: Girls, you're entitled to your opinions, but try not to voice them so loudly in public. It makes you look foolish.
    G2: Everyone agrees!
    Me: Whatever. I'm perfectly happy being Jewish
    G1: WHAT! YOU GODDAMN (yeah, nice curse) PEOPLE NEED TO IDENTIFY YOURSELVES BETTER!
    Me: I'll get right on that (and I go back to writing lesson plans. And guess what? They moved. I think I heard G2 mutter the word "filthy." I just loled. When people are that ignorant there's nothing much you can do. WOML apologized for them, but I told her it wasn't her fault, so why feel bad. She said it's because she doesn't want me forming an opinion on a religion from just 2 people, which I would never do. Unfortunately every group has a couple of crazies which ruin things for everyone.)

Also, they really didn't expand to any other groups outside of the two mentioned, so I'm not sure if they only have a problem with one group, or if they're just so stupid they don't realize there're many more kinds of belief systems in the world than just these.

I still want to know what a bunch of dark haired people gathered together means.

Comment

Originally posted by Fryk View Post
      I still want to know what a bunch of dark haired people gathered together means.
      A potential family reunion?

Okay to those little girls with the closed minds? Do they not remember that nice little blurb in the bible that goes something about judging and not doing it unless you yourself want to get judged?

Dark hair you say? Shall we send her to the Holocaust museum a few dozen times again and again and again till she gets that you can't hate over religion?

Comment

I'd have half a mind to sit close by and start praying in fake Arabic to see their reaction.

Comment

Or set up a boom box and start blaring Heresy by Nine Inch Nails
          All units: IRENE
          HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

I would guess "dark haired people" refers to Goths or other similarly dressed groups, some of whom have a fondness for the devil, but I could be wrong.

Either way, those girls were NOT great Christian examples in the least.

There are people in my church who will on occasion randomly approach strangers and ask to pray with them but if the person declines to, they won't make an issue out of it they'll just let it go.

Comment

Yoshi catapult!?

Identifying yourself... maybe she expected you to be wearing a "yarn mocha"?
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
                I would guess "dark haired people" refers to Goths or other similarly dressed groups, some of whom have a fondness for the devil, but I could be wrong.
                I believe the girls were referring to non-whites.

Comment

As do I, Boozy. They sound a lot like some of the people I would meet at Baylor. I can't recall how many times I had to explain that, yes, Catholicism does mean Christian!

Comment

Ha ha to them- Jesus was likely dark-haired.

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
                      I believe the girls were referring to non-whites.
                      Then why wouldn't they have said "Blacks" or "dark people"?

There are plenty of non blacks with dark hair. "Dark haired" doesn't seem appropriate when referring specifically to blacks (you could also be referring to asians or middle easterners, most of whom have black hair).

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post

Either way, those girls were NOT great Christian examples in the least.

There are people in my church who will on occasion randomly approach strangers and ask to pray with them but if the person declines to, they won't make an issue out of it they'll just let it go.
                        They meant jews. We tend to have dark, thick hair. She also mentioned big noses. Like I said, I have blond hair, so she was really angry that I didn't look Jewish. Yeah. Stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                          Yoshi catapult!?

Identifying yourself... maybe she expected you to be wearing a "yarn mocha"?
                          Haha. Yeah, and I go to a cinna-goggle, not a church.

Comment

Jesus was a Jew, now that'd bake their noodle.
                            I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                            Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                              I'd have half a mind to sit close by and start praying in fake Arabic to see their reaction.
                              Latin. Just for the double mindfark on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X