15 Reason Why People are Leaving the Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 Reason Why People are Leaving the Church

A website called Because Mom Says has compiled a list of 15 reasons many people leave the faith.

Perfect example of the greedy megachurch would be Creflo Dollar's aborted effort to raise funds for a $65 million private jet.
    Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

That's an interesting link. I like to tell myself I left the Church (I was raised Catholic) because I no longer believed in the God that I had been brought up to believe in. It's a little more complicated than that. I was raised to believe that God answers prayers. And he didn't answer the most important one I ever had: "How could a good, all-powerful God take away a good man from a family who needed him?" My dad died of complications from cancer when I was 15. My family kind of fell apart after that. I went on a soul-searching journey, and at the end of about 5 years, I decided I was an atheist. Still am, another 20+ years later.

So if we put all that into a category like in the link, I guess it would be the inconsistent and often hypocritical message of the Church?
    "The future is always born in pain... If we are wise what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world." --G'Kar, "Babylon 5"

Comment

Working...
    X