Turkish lawyer to sue over a cross on a jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish lawyer to sue over a cross on a jersey

This is somewhat amusing to me, a Turkish lawyer is suing Italian soccer team Internazionale Milan (Inter Milan or Inter for short) over a cross that is on Inter's away jersey. The hilarious thing is that the cross is a coat of arms for the city of Milan. Proves that people are a little oversensitive at times.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=509968
    Last edited by ArenaBoy; 12-12-2007, 05:08 AM.
    "You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for journalism."

What a bunch of tools! Get over it, your team got their asses handed to them fair and square. What's next? Some kids get verbally crucified for naming a teddy bear Mohammad? Oh, wait, that already happened...
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Well hell, people were asking for the teacher's head in that one, too.

I understand that the Crusades were a terrible thing. but on the other hand, how many centuries ago were they? C'mon.

Comment

Old grudges die hard obviously.

And you thought the south didn't forget.

Comment

Frightening.

Is it just me, or does this look like an Islamic tool using our own laws and legal system against us?

Comment

Yes, because all Islam is responsible for this one Turk's actions. No, it's not.
            That makes as much sense as blaming all of Christianity when the Westboro group pickets another funeral.

Comment

Originally posted by AFPheonix View Post
              Yes, because all Islam is responsible for this one Turk's actions. No, it's not.
              It's not. But, that's not how many people will see it. To them, Arabs are a bunch of whackjobs who fly planes into buildings and blow shit up. (I know they aren't, so don't slam me.) In other words, it just reinforces the negative stereotypes that some people have of the Middle East, and Islam. This guy is just an asshole who is pissed that his team lost. He needs to grow up, and get over it.

Comment

And that is exactly it. He's one asshole. Sure, he may be an asshole who is muslim, but assholes come in every stripe.

Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine when someone groups millions of people in with one person, just because they happen to be a member of the same religion.

Comment

Saw this and agreed.

"You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for journalism."

Comment

Working...
                  X