X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go....

Just what we pagans need....

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S....shtml?cat=500

Wonderful. I don't know how much of a "Wiccan" she really is considering the sabbat that she would have been celebrating is Ostara....which was last Saturday.

Woman stabbed the guy with her. No, her religion has nothing to do with the crime. They were both drinking, he attacked her, she stabbed him.

Thank goddess that the Wiccans here are coming out in force saying this has nothing to do with the religion.

I don't agree with a lot of Wicca, but I do know that they tend not to be violent.

I'm just waiting for the condemnations to start from the other side.
    We may have come out of the kitchen, but we still know where the sharp objects are kept.

"Well-behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I thought Ostara was this past Monday (the 22nd / equinox)?

But yeah, Beltane is May 1st.

“At some point, she was able to convince the man to disrobe and, while on top of him,
    Something isn't right and yes, it has nothing to do with religion.

Comment

When you get right down to it, violence is never caused by religion, it's caused by individuals. Violent moronic, simian individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by draggar View Post
        I thought Ostara was this past Monday (the 22nd / equinox)?

But yeah, Beltane is May 1st.
        No, the equinox was 3/20, 11:32am MDT. My best friend purposely had her baby shower that day.

And Beltane is the beginning of summer.
        We may have come out of the kitchen, but we still know where the sharp objects are kept.

Comment

Isn't Beltane the name of that highway system around Washington DC?

Comment

Originally posted by Fryk View Post
            Isn't Beltane the name of that highway system around Washington DC?
            No, the I495 ring road is known as the Beltway.

Comment

Ohhhhhhh.... so it's the city on th western outskirts of New Orleans, then.

Comment

Originally posted by Pagan View Post
                No, the equinox was 3/20, 11:32am MDT. My best friend purposely had her baby shower that day.

And Beltane is the beginning of summer.
                You're right about Ostara - 20th.

Beltane is, and always will be, May 1st (Mayday).

Litha is on the summer solstice (June 21) which is the first day of summer.

Comment

Originally posted by draggar View Post
                  Litha is on the summer solstice (June 21) which is the first day of summer.
                  That's Midsummer.

Comment

Arguing over what celebration she wasn't properly celebrating is a bit foolish. I think the point is that she wasn't properly celebrating something when she killed someone.

Anyway, I agree with what was said. Its not religion that makes you kill someone, its just being a douche.

I only think its a problem that there's a need to point out "This doesn't happen every time!"

If someone was stabbed during a Christian church service, we wouldn't need to make things which say "Don't worry, Christianity isn't about stabbing people!"

The main thing in this article, though, is "At some point she managed to convince the man to disrobe."

Hon, convincing men to disrobe ain't as hard as you make it sound.
                    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Time and again it's proven that the only thing that makes people kill other people is being a douche, and the only thing they need in order to do it is an opportunity. What they do it with or what is going on at the time rarely has any bearing on the killing, if ever.

I'd imagine getting the average man to disrobe takes about five seconds once the woman (or man, or whatever) says "I want to have sex with you"
                      All units: IRENE
                      HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

[quote[If someone was stabbed during a Christian church service, we wouldn't need to make things which say "Don't worry, Christianity isn't about stabbing people!"[/quote]One thing that may make a difference: most people (in the US, anyway) have seen at least one non-fatal Christian service in their lives.

Thinking some more, the times I've heard of anyone being killed in church were done by an outsider, so this case (assuming she really is Wiccan) is more akin to the Catholic priest scandal, and there are more than a few people claiming they *are* all like that.

(and yes, I'm trying to make the comparison without derailing the thread. Hopefully that will be possible)
                        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

It'd be a lot harder to get me to disrobe if you're holding a knife.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
                            I only think its a problem that there's a need to point out "This doesn't happen every time!"
                            What's been awesome is that immediately the Wiccan community here denounced her. They've been saying this is not what they do, the don't practice any sort of blood sacrifice, and, most importantly, none of them know her. The Wiccan community here is very close knit.

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
                            The main thing in this article, though, is "At some point she managed to convince the man to disrobe."

Hon, convincing men to disrobe ain't as hard as you make it sound.
                            You noticed that, too? If it had been me, I would have been screaming my head off. That trail where they were is heavily used and someone was walking their dog nearby at the time and didn't hear anything until he came upon them.

But no, she gets him naked climbs on top of him and proceeds to stab him 13 times. (I'm really surprised nobody's made a Satanic comment with that. )

Comment

If this took place in a graveyard then it would be basically the opening scene of Phantasm.

Comment

Working...
                              X