Pet Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Heaven

Kind of more of a whimsical thread but my cat passed yesterday. Personally I think to think a cat passing is like sloughing off an old boddy walking through a wall and turning a corner into yet another dimension of adventure.

What do you think happens to beloved pets when they pass?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Excuse me for being tactless, but there's no more reason to think that there's an afterlife for animals than there is for humans. The idea that there's a heaven for humans, animals, or even plants is founded on wishful thinking. You're better off realizing that this is the only chance at life that Fluffy has (or you, for that matter). Cherish the fond memories, because in the end, that's all you have.
    "The future is always born in pain... If we are wise what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world." --G'Kar, "Babylon 5"

Comment

Your not being tactless your simply stating your beliefs which is exactly what I asked for.

Me I believe in reincarnation. For pets I have no idea for others I don't know. All I know is no matter what I will live my life to enjoy it without harming others and have fun the next time around too.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

This solves the debate: http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_may20...SignDebate.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
          Bwahahaha! That made my day
          All units: IRENE
          HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

That. Was. AWESOME!!!!!!
            "Having a Christian threaten me with hell is like having a hippy threaten to punch me in my aura."
            Josh Thomas

Comment

Hobbs, that was indeed awesome. And if I had to go to church in that town, I know where *I'D* go.

Comment

My sister's gerbil passed away a week ago today. When the gerbil died, I told my sister that Kairi was eating carrots and running around in her ball, happy and no longer in pain from cancer. It made her feel better.
                "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

I believe there is an afterlife for all beings. I find it comforting. *shrug*

Comment

I just know my last cat's gonna reincarnate into Cthulhu.
                    "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

I do believe in an afterlife for humans, as I'm Christian, and while I'm honestly not sure what happens to pets, I sure do know how happy I'd be if I got to heaven and saw all of my old furry friends come bounding up to me again. I like to think that heaven is a happy place, and that if seeing our pets again will make us happy, they will be there.
                      A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

If there are not pets in the afterlife (including ones we've had) then I don't want to go there.

My pets are (and were) more than just "pets". They were family members, they were companions, and they were partners.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsoul View Post
                          One of our cats will probably eventually reincarnate into the Second Coming of Gozer. McGriff is still hanging around the apartment, I found cat hair yesterday on a rug that I know I vacummed.
                          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 06-03-2010, 02:38 PM.
                          "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsoul View Post
                            Cathulhu?

Comment

No matter how many times I see that it still cracks me up.

I don't believe in an afterlife either...but hey, if I find Pablo waiting for me when I get there, I'll be pleasantly surprised...and if I'm right, well, I guess I'll never know the difference.
                              I'm liberal on some issues and conservative on others. For example, I would not burn a flag, but neither would I put one out. -Garry Shandling

You can't believe in something you don't. -Ricky Gervais

Comment

Working...
                              X