Question for Muslims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Muslims

First, I understand that not all Muslims are like this and I'm sure it's just a minority that makes the news all the time.

But...

Someone makes fun of Christians or Christianity you might get a few groups calling for the show to be shut down, boycott the station, boycott the station's sponsors, letters written, and nasty letters written. Mostly everyone else laughs (including most Christians)

Someone makes fun of the Jews or Judism (sp?) and you get a few groups who write the letters, call for the show to be stopped, boycott the station and their sponsors, etc.. but mostly everyone else laughs (including most Jews).

Someone makes fun of Bhuddists and you'll have the same.

The same with Hundus, Wiccans, Pagans, and just about every other religion out there.

But when someone makes fun of Muslims we have some groups (again, not all Muslims) calling for deaths, kill the writers, blow up the station, kill the producers, kill the stars, and no one better laugh at it or else they'll be hunted down and killed.

It seems like these groups are more than willing to laugh along with the rest of us when a joke is made about anyone else but when someone makes ajoke on them they're calling for their death, etc.

WHy do these groups feel that everyone else has to abide by their religion? Even some groups (like the one who made the big complaint and death threats against South Park) are in the USA where they have religious freedom - then why are you demanding that everyone abide by your religious laws? That's not religious freedom, it's persecution.

There are about 1.5 billion Muslims in this world, and when someone makes fun of them, 1.4999999 billion of them laugh or ignore it.

But showing Muslims peacefully moving on with their lives doesn't sell newspapers, does it?

Comment

I'm not questioning the 99.9999% of them, I'm questioning the few who call for deaths and expect everyone else to abide by their laws.

You don't see the few people who react negatively calling for deaths, etc.. just boycotts and writing letters, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by draggar View Post
        You don't see the few people who react negatively calling for deaths, etc.. just boycotts and writing letters, etc..
        You are joking right?
        Christian groups have also formed militias (or, as they would be known had they been any other religion, terror cells).
        Pride centers across the nation (that violate "God's" word) have been vandalized by "Christian Warriors"
        Ditto abortion clinics.
        It is considered (at least in Utah) socially acceptable for a Christian to brag about fag bashing.
        I'd be willing to bet that Christian groups do threaten killings, do threaten bombings, do even plan both of the above... it's just that none of the media outlets have the stones to report it because it would cause too many waves, after all, everyone knows that Christianity is a peaceful religion, but those Muslims... they are all terrorists, so we can go ahead and report about that all we want, that will get ratings
        "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

You're being a bit crass, Smiley. I agree with most parts, except the end. The militia in OK was greatly talked about and reported on, and they were considered a Christian militia.

Comment

Keven Smith didn't have to go into hiding after Dogma was released despite most of it wa s major slap in the face to Christianity. (and he did receive 3 death threats over it)

Theo Van Gogh was actually killed for what he did.

Try this little expirement:

Register a domain (and DON'T use privacy) and get hosting.

Post a cartoon / joke about Jesus Christ and one about Mohammed and see who you get more responses from.
            Last edited by draggar; 05-21-2010, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by draggar View Post
              Kevin Smith didn't have to go into hiding after Dogma was released despite most of it wa s major slap in the face to Christianity. (and he did receive 3 death threats over it).
              Kevin Smith protested the movie Dogma
              Jack Faire
              Friend
              Father
              Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                You're being a bit crass, Smiley. I agree with most parts, except the end. The militia in OK was greatly talked about and reported on, and they were considered a Christian militia.
                Fair enough, I still doubt it is nearly as much press as a Muslim militia in the United States would receive.
                "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
                  Fair enough, I still doubt it is nearly as much press as a Muslim militia in the United States would receive.
                  To continue on that vein, a militant Christian group (Branch Davidians) inspired the worst domestic terrorist attack in US history (OK City).

Comment

and let us not forget about the all of the South Park episodes that made fun of various religions, none of the cast cared, some groups protested (yes they just did a recent thing on Muslims and got death threats)

UNTIL

they paradied SCIENTOLOGY, then Issac Hayes (the voice of Chef) had a REAL big issue with that and got dropped from the show.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

I think its more the depiction of Muhammad that gets Muslims up in arms then generally ribbing, which makes sense since depicting Muhammad violates one of their major rules for the religion.

Otherwise Muslims are no more violent then any other group. They just have a bad rep.

Comment

Not only that but yes Fundie xtains Kill people... look at the abortion doctor who was shot..
                        Every Religion/ideal has it shares of Nuts... and Nuts sell... and Muslims are used as today's "boogie Man"

When in fact most Americans can't tell the difference between Muslims and others in the same region.

Comment

I thought that it was MUSLIMS depicting muhammad that was wrong, not non-belivers doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fryk View Post
                            I thought that it was MUSLIMS depicting muhammad that was wrong, not non-belivers doing it.
                            They are against any portrayal of any religious figure. Cause you are not suppose to honor pictures.. sorta like how the 10 commandments say thou shall not have graven images.. *pardon my butchering*

Sadly Fundies of ANY religion cause problems... and it is not a simple matter of kicking the nut jobs out... Normally the nuts have the power... Just look at the witch burning, the Red Scare, etc... it only takes a few to screw the view.

Does that make sense

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmik View Post
                              They are against any portrayal of any religious figure. Cause you are not suppose to honor pictures.. sorta like how the 10 commandments say thou shall not have graven images.. *pardon my butchering*

Sadly Fundies of ANY religion cause problems... and it is not a simple matter of kicking the nut jobs out... Normally the nuts have the power... Just look at the witch burning, the Red Scare, etc... it only takes a few to screw the view.

Does that make sense
                              So why are there depictions of Mohammed in medieval manuscripts and in mosques, including the Dome of the Rock?

Comment

Working...
                              X