Karma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karma?

I don't really believe in religion but I have a belief in karma and treating others how you want to be treated.

I'm trying to figure out what happened today, since I was on my way to work at a gas station and walking down the interstate was one of our regulars with a gas can so I figured I would pick him up as it would be pretty dick to leave a guy I sort of know walking in the rain to where I was already going.

Cut to end of my shift, we had severe weather come through and tornado warnings. For some reason, in front of another employee I opted to read some of the ads especially to see what guns were on special, instead of finishing up some of the cleaning I needed to do, which normally I only screw around when I'm by myself and no creditable witnesses. So because I was running late I was at work when tornado sirens went off, and then I was hesitant to leave work for a bit, then after about 5-10 minutes of debating i said screw it and left because the storm calmed down and joked that if it was my time it was my time (been depressed lately anyways so if I got killed I figured it would save me trouble of going through with it).

As in driving down the major highway towards my house I run over a road sign, then some other junk, then dodge a deck, and someones roof as they get on the radio where I had been listening to the weather to know what was where and apparently that stretch had literally just been hit by a tornado.

So far 3 people are confirmed dead, and two of them are right in the location I would have been on the road had I not been screwing around at work. So, I am realizing that I really came close to dieing tonight and it is sort of creepy to consider this, kind of like I should take it as a sign of fate or something.

Take it as a sign you should be alive for now.

Personally, I don't belive in Karma. At all. Been proven to me time and time again that the meaner and crueler you are, the better stuff you get, while if you try to do your best, the only reward you get is your own belief that you at least stood up for what you belive in, which is good enough for me at times, but other times it just fills me with rage. Plus it makes me want to like, rob banks or something, or destroy the vast amount of people that have gone out of their way to hurt me. If anything to smash their lives, destroy their wealth, take away their loved ones etc.

Then it makes me seem like a villain. So I just have to figure out how to do that and survive. People tell me that karma will fix it. It doesn't, and won't. They will always be far happier, far wealthier, far more people in their lives to love them, have children, etc etc.

Despite it's no secret that I can't have kids, I had a friend tell me its likely best that way, because it be bad to pass along my genes still kinda hurt. That an I'm pretty sure no adoption agency would allow a single man with his own depression issues, lack of female attraction, and no money to adopt.
    Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
    I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

I'm a firm believer in karma, if not in this life, then in the next. For those who seem to get away with murder, literally and figuratively, I just believe karma is just waiting to see how far you'll sink before she kicks you in the ass. After all, which is better, punishing you in small increments for each of your sins, or waiting until she has a full accounting and then shoving her foot so far up your ass you won't get it out for a lifetime or two.

It's not a belief structure that works for everyone, but what is?
      http://dragcave.net/user/radiocerk

Comment

Greatest addition to chocolate candy (well, that, and peanut butter).
        "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Originally posted by radiocerk View Post
          I'm a firm believer in karma, if not in this life, then in the next. For those who seem to get away with murder, literally and figuratively, I just believe karma is just waiting to see how far you'll sink before she kicks you in the ass. After all, which is better, punishing you in small increments for each of your sins, or waiting until she has a full accounting
          I can agree with you on that one. I saw that with one of my old roommates, he stiffed me on two months rent, stole my food, was an overall douche, and I suspect stole a blu ray player. Nothing bad ever seemed to happen to him, but I came to find out that about two months ago he was in a car crash that he was at fault for, he had liability only insurance, and ended up totalling his most prized possession (his Dodge Charger)... I now run into him every once in a while when I take the train to avoid parking downtown and I can see in his eyes how much this has broken him having to lower himself to the level of depending on public transit.
          Compare that to my grandma, spent nearly her entire life serving others (she was a nurse working in geriatric care). While she didn't have a bad life, it was a hard one. She never really had extra money, was always having health problems, and died with nothing but her home to her name... but, about a month before she died she had about a week where, unexplicably, her diabetis was under control, she was actually able to eat small amounts of solid food, she could get up and do things for herself, and most importantly, her dementia no longer affected her memory and she could remember and recognize everyone... this week coincided with the week that the whole family had gotten together to see her. Near the end of that week when she felt herself slipping again she said that one week to be with her family and know truly just how much of real value she had and that gift was more valuable than anything in the world, perhaps even more valuable than the world. Three weeks later she died peacefully in her sleep without pain. I sleep well at night knowing that despite everything else that happened to her in her life, she was able to die happy and in peace.

Karma rarely works in the short term, but she will keep an account.
          "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

I believe in Karma, however we are George Bailey.

Sometimes we will see our good works come back to us and other times we may not notice them. It happens though. The trick is sit back enjoy life and be excellent to eachother, to quote some wise rockers.
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

Working...
            X