Play now, my savior!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play now, my savior!

Okay. I don't know if you guys have heard about this already, but there's a new Evony-esque game in the works, and here's why this is being posted in Religion: it's Bible-themed, right down to the missions. My thoughts on this, being a die-hard Caesary player are along the lines of 'what the hell?'

I don't even know where to begin with this game. Sure as hell can't be Vatican-approved. (Uh... not that I'm really a good enough Catholic to give a rat's ass, anyway.) The game's basic premise is that you're the leader of one of the tribes during the first few books of the Old Testament, and your job is to make sure your tribe survives by taking on other tribes and hunting animals. Or something. Oh, and you get to meet biblical figures like Abraham at certain points.

Now, I remember that companies like Wisdom Tree have tried to use video games in the past to teach about Christianity (and failing horribly). That's one thing. But a browser idle-game? I don't even want to think about the in-game Item Mall right now...
    Last edited by ZedOmega; 08-31-2010, 09:20 AM. Reason: I realize at 4:15am, my grammar sucks.
    This space for rent.

As it is that you put most of my thoughts out there before I did, I guess my only smart alec remark is, if you lose the game, does that mean that God doesn't love you anymore
    "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

My fiance posted that on Facebook. One of his friends commented, "Dude, we should raid Judges, there'd be 12 bosses!" Another said, "Hey, Revelations would make for a pretty good endgame."

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
        As it is that you put most of my thoughts out there before I did, I guess my only smart alec remark is, if you lose the game, does that mean that God doesn't love you anymore
        Nah, I wouldn't think it was that bad. You just know one of the Isrealite tribes is going to receive a damage bonus vs. Walls, though.
        This space for rent.

Comment

Could they really consider David vs Goliath a "minigame"?

Comment

Why not just make GodVille and be done with it?

Comment

Er...so what's the problem?
              "All I know is that I don't know" - Operation Ivy

Comment

Working...
              X