X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Holy Book burning that did get people in trouble

in the UK

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article..._lnk3%7C172693

some of the comments DO make a good point. such as American symbols (flags, Uncle Sam, G Bush, etc.) are routinely desecrated and burned and destroyed all around the world, but GOD/Allah forbid if someone makes a joke about Islam (the Swedish newspaper political cartoon of Mohamid with a bomb in his turban) or makes depariging remarks about Islam or someone even threatens to burn the Quran WOW HOLY JIHAD TO THE MAX and WWIII begins and all of the nut case extreamist rally around and worship the "doomsday" nuke like in the second Planet of the Apes movie

Freedom of Speech only applys to Muslims - they are allowed to burn - execute - murder - lie - cheat and pillage in the name of Allah - but Allah forbid if someone Dares to burn a Koran or make a Joke about Mohammad - they (who burned or make the joke) are horrible people who must be killed.
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 09-24-2010, 09:17 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

I said it once and I will say it again.. it is the Extremist that on both sides cause a shit storm. I do not Judge Christians based off of what the Clan has done, nor what McVey did, nor the horrors that were committed against indigenous people. The quote that you quoted could be used for almost every religion. Cause let me tell ya.. make a joke/cartoon that makes fun of or show Judisim in a bad light.. and you can easily be called anti-Semitic

Sadly it is the McVeys, and the Westbro group, Taliban, etc etc that will always give religions a bad name.

Comment

Kimmik, I'll agree and disagree with you at the same time. Yes, it is the extremists who give the religion a bad name, but it's the moderates who refuse to stand up to them that keep the bad name. I'm not overly familiar with national politics, but at the local level, there has only been two politicians who were vocal about their faith who were also vocal about their support for LGBT equality. Those were Jon Huntsman Jr, a Mormon (though he was considered apostate by many because of his political views), and Peter Coroon, a Catholic. The rest of the politicians in this state that are vocal about their religion (primarily Mormon) are virulant in their crusade at keeping LGBT second class citizens... and the majority of the members of that faith refuse to stand up and say that these people do not speak to me... hell, they won't even say it in the privacy of a closed ballot box. Don't come to those of us wronged by the extremists and ask our forgiveness claiming you aren't like them when you refuse to do anything to stop them is my attitude.
      "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
        Don't come to those of us wronged by the extremists and ask our forgiveness claiming you aren't like them when you refuse to do anything to stop them is my attitude.
        As has been posted before, there are moderate, and liberal, sections of faiths that try to be vocal about their lack of support of their extremist "brethren." However, even these people are distrusted and mocked (I remember your posts against the pro-gay Christians). Before they can be heard, someone has to be willing to listen.

Comment

Working...
        X