No announcement yet.

"coming out" as atheist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difference between magic and religion is...?

Ah yes, religion means 'magic I approve of but don't have to prove'.

Rapscallion
    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
    Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Gawdzillers View Post
      Think about this: Could it have been responsible for the universe as we know it? Could this "something" be a creator?
      It could also have been a small ceramic teapot named Jarvis, the remains of a celestial fart, an invisible pink unicorn, the sound of the colour green, or something just as equally illogical.

The mathematics of physics currently show that time started at the big bang, so asking what happened before it has no meaning.

(There's a story among scientists that a physicist was giving a lecture to the public about the history of the universe, when a woman stood up and declared that the world was flat and went around on the back of a turtle. When asked what the turtle stood on, she waggled her finger and said that it was turtles all the way down. If 'turtles all the way down' is logically impossible, why do people have so much trouble with 'time all the way back'?)

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
        The difference between magic and religion is...?
        Delayed Blast Fireball.

Show me a religion that has the Evocation school of magic and I'll convert in an instant. ;p

I'm with Kelmon on this one. The fact people like that even exist who would have a problem with atheism to the point of shouting baffles me. My entire dad's side of the family is raging Roman Catholic. They don't bother me at all about me being a filthy pagan. My mom is Christian, and that only triggers hour long philosophical discussions on the nature of reality.

Comment

Working...
        X