No announcement yet.

High School Student Receives Death Threats for Opposing School Prayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh, death threats, I thought there were Christians now, I'm not really religious but I know enough to know that wasn't one of their things "THOU SHALT NOT KILL" ... guess that must be some other sense-able religion

end sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by Salted Grump View Post
      /sarcasm But that would mean *Shock! Horror!* Compromising with the enemy! They shouldn't be allowed to Breathe our air that God gave us, much less have opinions that do not venerate our God! /sarcasm
      Sadly enough, I've actually debated with people like that (on other sites). They outright said that they can't accept the idea that their religion works for them and other religions work for others. Nope their religion is the only truth and others are false and hellbound.

Then you got those who look down on the "Mr Rogers god" who welcomes everyone to the neighborhood. To which I say, what's wrong with the Mr Rogers god? Is it because he's not a bigoted prick like them?

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
        Sadly enough, I've actually debated with people like that (on other sites). They outright said that they can't accept the idea that their religion works for them and other religions work for others. Nope their religion is the only truth and others are false and hellbound.
        And most of them probably threatened to boycott advertisers on Farscape when Zan said "there are many paths and many destinations in life" when asked about what was the true religion.
        "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Matthew 6:5

"And whenever you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to stand in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they will be seen by people. I tell you with certainty, they have their full reward!"

The sad bit? That's not an obscure verse.

Comment

RK, that section of Matthew is my favorite Bible passage. Unfortunately, I guess it has been edited out of the newer Bibles or something, since so few Christians follow it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
              Then you got those who look down on the "Mr Rogers god" who welcomes everyone to the neighborhood. To which I say, what's wrong with the Mr Rogers god? Is it because he's not a bigoted prick like them?
              But if everyone gets welcomed, then how will those speshul snoflaques prove that they are the speshul snoflaques that they know they are?

Comment

Originally posted by ExRetailDrone View Post
                But if everyone gets welcomed, then how will those speshul snoflaques prove that they are the speshul snoflaques that they know they are?
                Yeah, that's special snowflake syndrom at it's very worst. When they want to be so special everyone else be damned (literally!).

Comment

Working...
                X