• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll Just Leave This Here

4 Things Both Atheists and Believers Need To Stop Saying

>.>

http://www.cracked.com/article_15663...-agree-on.html

Related. (10 things Christians and Athiests can, and must, Agree on)

Comment

Originally posted by second link
      At the creation of the universe and in the heart of mankind, they expect to find the same physical, tangible answers they'd find inside a burnt transmission.
      A cracked sun gear?

Wonderful links, containing almost too much good sense. Thank you both.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Absolutely AWESOME!!
        Thanks for the links, both of you!

Comment

I remember when Cracked was a pale copy of Mad Magazine.

I so much prefer their new format. And even if their articles miss the boat, they still try to make you think about why.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Wrong sort of Cracked.

What? What?

Rapscallion
            Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
            Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

4: God hates X: I agree, anyone who claims to know who or what god hates is an arrogant asshole.

3. God is not great: I must defend this one. Since there are quite a few believers who believe that god will send you to eternal torment, I think this is a justified response. Of course I'm saying this as someone who believes in a god but hates certain interprations of god.

2. God helps those who helps themselves: I can't argue this at face value, but some people can be complete dicks about this.

1. God is a fairy tale for morons: Yeah this is a pretty dick thing to say. There's a fine line between believing in god and believing you know the mind of god. God can be many things other than some angry old man in the sky who's making a list and checking it twice.

Comment

God helps those who helps themselves
                While I agree with the sentiment expressed in the article, they missed the point of the phrase. It's specifically to tell people not to just sit around waiting for God to fix your problems for you. It's not "If you try, everything will turn out perfect" but more of a "If you don't try, nothing good will come of it.
                "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Oh Gladstone you sexy man. How I love thee.

Comment

Disagree. Double standard- a religioso may take their religion seriously, but an atheist must not take the religioso's religion seriously. /sigh.

Comment

Religioso?

Is that a word now? Does it mean something other than "Religious person"?

Comment

Yeah, I like making up words.

Comment

Okay, can you tell me what it is, since you say it does have another meaning, and why you need to make up a new word? Was there something wrong with the ones we had?

Comment

It means religious.

it also isnĀ“t new, it means religious in Spanish and Portuguese
                            Last edited by SkullKing; 01-03-2012, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Double post

Comment

Working...
                              X