Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catholic Church To Reform "Radical Feminist" Nuns

Yep.

Why you ask? For spending too much time caring about the poor & sick and not enough time hating gays and slutshaming other women. So a man has been dispatched to go and teach them how to behave like proper she-cattle.

Afterall, Obama is Hitler for pushing women's rights. No I'm not paraphrasing. A Catholic Bishop just called Obama both Hitler and Stalin. >.>

I heard about this.

Considering the antics the church has been up to these past couple years, this could be a blessing in disguise for the nuns (and others who the church has alienated). They have been proven to be progressive while the ass holiness in charge are too caught up in rules and tradition. And they wonder why people are leaving the church?

Personally, I think the nuns and preists who are fed up with the church need to branch off and start their own church. It worked for Martin Luther and King Henry the 8th, so it should work for them too. Should be much easier now considering we have freedom of religion.

Comment

The problem with The Church, and I say this as a Catholic, is that the same people have been in power for far too long. They're too stubborn and set in their ways that change is hard to accomplish. It will take baby steps, like Pope Benedict saying condom use is permitted in some cases.
      Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Maybe if they make things too blatant to ignore (and punishing nuns for helping the poor counts) then some internal revolt will happen...
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I don't think they're being punished for helping the poor. It's one of the many things that they're supposed to do. They're being investigated for breaking traditions. They're ditching the Habit and the Convent life. For the most part, American Nuns aren't living the up to the oath that they swore.

Yes, a lot of it is them breaking away from the misogyny that's been in place for far too many years and I am in no way saying that they should be submitting to that treatment. Plain and simple, the Church is trying to squash a "rebellion" that seems to be only taking place here in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
            They're ditching the Habit and the Convent life. For the most part, American Nuns aren't living the up to the oath that they swore.
            I've run into nuns down here that don't dress in the stereotypical dress.

In fact, I've even SERVED a nun. I kid you not. They came through my checkout at work, I saw their badge and then realised "oh shit, I just served a nun"

Comment

I heard an interview on the CBC tonight concerning this issue.

The nun in charge says that their whole operation is geared toward helping the poor and stuff like that. NOT beating the drum about abortion or contraceptive issues or womens issues.

One of the best comments from the article I read was this:
              Now THERE is something you don't see everyday. A nun feeding the poor with her left hand while flipping off the Pope with her right.
              most of the other comments went along the lines of :" OK how is it that you guys allow all of those pediophile priests to remainfor ALL of those years and did nothing about them except shame the innocent parties and their families into silence. what about all of THAT damage???"
              I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
              The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

They're ditching the Habit and the Convent life. For the most part, American Nuns aren't living the up to the oath that they swore.
                Except not all nuns are expected to wear the habit and remain cloistered. That's some nuns. Not all of them.
                "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

I'm not seeing the problem - the Pope's church, his rules! Been like that for... centuries.

Don't like it - leave! (ie, if you don't accept that the Pope is infallible, then you shouldn't be a Catholic...)
                  ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytovhand View Post
                    I'm not seeing the problem - the Pope's church, his rules! Been like that for... centuries.

Don't like it - leave! (ie, if you don't accept that the Pope is infallible, then you shouldn't be a Catholic...)
                    If everyone who disagreed left, there would never be any change. Thats true of ANY big institution

Comment

Originally posted by Duelist925 View Post
                      If everyone who disagreed left, there would never be any change. Thats true of ANY big institution
                      IN this case, you might be wrong. Lose enough people (aka income) and you'll start changing ways so that you can get them back.

Comment

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
                        IN this case, you might be wrong. Lose enough people (aka income) and you'll start changing ways so that you can get them back.
                        A fair point--but I doubt the catholic church will lose enough people anytime soon. And besides, your talking about the common people, the bread and butter--Im talking about the nuns and those who work within the system itself. Losing them doesnt lose the church much money

Comment

Working...
                        X