Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

your rapist is forgiven, your mother goes to hell!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
    Some of the articles that were pulled up in a google search said that the girl was not at any risk at the time the abortion was performed. Babies have been delivered several months premature and lived. I believe that is what the Church was hoping and holding out for.

They did not want the girl to die. They didn't want anyone to die.
    whether they wanted her to or not, she likely would have had the abortion not been performed. a single developing fetus (let alone twins) is a huge nutrient drain on a full-grown adult mother. when you put that strain on a still-developing nine year old body, no good can come of it. calcium alone (which is necessary for every vital process in the body, and which is leeched from the mother in enormous quantities by a developing fetus) would have been depleted to levels where the girl, at best, would have suffered osteoporosis and stunted growth, and more likely heart, kidney, and neurological damage, as a nine-year-old's bones haven't yet completely calcified to provide the calcium stores necessary, and the drain would have been more than taking supplements could have kept up with.

Comment

• The point that there are a lot of people saying "This is evil that they aren't continuing to follow up on this, they're quashing the story" but these people ALSO not trying to follow up, well... I mean, I think that Crash has a point that a lot of people attack the church on these matters to, well... Attack the church. Rather than out of a desire to actually care for the person in question.

That happens a lot, and I agree on that one.

I don't agree that that makes the Church's position any BETTER. It just doesn't say much about the people attacking them. That it's not out of concern for the person involved, only out of concern to attack the church.

But, well, that just means there are two dicks in one situation.

It's not impossible to have two dicks in one situation.

If it was, my love life would be REALLY boring.
      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
        If it was, my love life would be REALLY boring.
        first of all, thanks for the early morning giggle :P

i don't find alot of the people saying the church did wrong are actually meaning The Church. the subtext is that the specific idiot that made the excommunication decision is who they are pissed at. But it's kinda like when a store manager pisses someone off. they don't bitch about the manager, they bitch about the store chain. just the way it works sometimes.

i think it's just sad that people can't treat abortion like they do should any other medical treatment, on a case-by-case basis. if it was taken away as this boogyman of immorality and used as a standard medical treatment for dangerous pregnancies, it wouldn't be as stigmad if you HAD to have one, like this kid did.
        it would also remove this "camping" attitude people have to either side of the issue. abortion isn't a black and white issue, it has many shades of grey, as this thread alone has shown. if we took it away from the concept of morality and treated it as the medical concern it is things would be much better.

as to abortion being a morality issue, i think people need to remember that just because something falls under your personal or religious morals, does not mean you have the right to enforce YOUR morals on another person. they may not have the same belifes as you do.

all uses of your/you/etc are generic.
        All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Working...
        X