Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-hate group plans whites only event featuring "Sacred Christian Cross burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-hate group plans whites only event featuring "Sacred Christian Cross burning

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...162845760.html

Apparently the calendars in Alabama are broken and they think it's 1952 again. This is absolutely insane.
    Last edited by MadMike; 07-05-2012, 09:52 PM. Reason: Please don't copy and paste text from other sites. Links only.

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
    [I]Organizers say it's not a cross-burning, but rather sacred Christian cross lighting.

So it's not a cross-burning, they're just burning a cross. Da fuq?

Comment

I love the explanation of how this isn't racist, it's just that God likes the white race best. How can *anyone* even say that out loud without realizing it's a contradiction? If you believe God says you're best, go ahead and claim the name 'racist' and be proud of it!

Better yet, go back under whatever rock you came out from.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by ngc_7331 View Post

So it's not a cross-burning, they're just burning a cross. Da fuq?

If I understand things rightly, and if you look at it a certain way, that actually makes sense. Take "cross-burning," not as a description of any time two pieces of wood attached a certain way are on fire, but as a very specific sort of event with three key components:

1. The actual burning of the cross,
        2. Done on a targeted person or group's property,
        3. For the purpose of intimidating that person or group.

They have 1 covered, and possibly 3, but definitely not 2.
        Last edited by HYHYBT; 07-06-2012, 01:00 AM. Reason: I missed a period. Hopefully, that doesn't mean I'm pregnant.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Ignoring the cross-burning and the general white supremacy issue, here's one thing that stood out to me:

Christian Identity Ministries is holding a three-day conference for so-called "white Christians" who contend they have been treated unfairly,
          Why do I get the feeling that they're just a bunch of EW's who are whining about how civil rights are "penalising the white folks" and whatnot?

Comment

Lewis said of the conference-goers: "They are part of the chosen race."
            whenever i hear someone spout this BS i like to cock my head at them all confised and say "wait, you're jewish?"
            because you can either belive there is superior race that god divined over one another (which, as the bible follows the lineage of abraham, would be the jews and not the northern europeans) OR you can belive that we are all , as decendants of adam and eve, equal lineage in god's eyes...
            again, mostly just said to watch their brains go ""BUH!?" since they probbaly never put actual thought into their hate.
            All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Working...
            X