No announcement yet.

Willow Bend Chick-Fil-A vs The Muppets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

andara, at the very least, Chik-fil-A has lied about the recall being safety-related. Therefore it is rigt to call Chik-Fil-A liars. We can't say if it's related t the Henson announcement, but it is suspicious.

Comment

We don't know that they lied about the recall being safety-related.

It might be a bullshit safety issue (ie, something unlikely to actually cause harm, but still borderline enough to pass as a legitimate concern for the overly-cautious) overplayed for the purpose of spin, but to call it a lie without insider information is wrong.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The Consumer Product Safety Commission, the guys who do the recalls, list all current and past recalls on their website. I checked the list of recalls for both this month and last month and there's nothing there. As much as I distrust the government, I'm more likely to believe them than a company who's trying to cover its own ass.

Comment

There is a difference between a CPSC recall and a voluntary manufacturer or distributor recall.

There are recalls all the time that never get far enough to reach the CPSC because the companies involved don't want the recall on their records.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Okay, fair enough, then why doesn't Chik-Fil-A give something, a copy of a complaint letter, a demonstration, something showing that "fingers were getting stuck" in a finger puppet. Which I always thought was the point of a finger puppet, but I digress. Just give the public something and they can make all the bad press go away. Being sketchy like they are looks very very suspicious.

Comment

The last I heard on this, they'd said the word "recall" was an error and there had been no complaints; they were withdrawing the products from sale over a potential safety issue. Which sounds like a lot of weaseliness to make it impossible to prove they're lying, but there *is* a difference.
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
              X