X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBC Goes to the Great White Way

and the glitz of Times Square

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ref=gay-voices

Like this is going to do anything but cause more trouble.
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Who is it going to cause trouble for, though?

Comment

Their reason for existence is to cause trouble; not only for other people, but for themselves as well so they can then add persecution to their complaints.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Protestors protesting protestors protesting protestors?

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
          Their reason for existence is to cause trouble; not only for other people, but for themselves as well so they can then add persecution to their complaints.
          Nailed it in one. These are people who literally would lose all reason for living if they didn't have a truckload of enemies -- real and imaginary.

Originally posted by Aethian View Post
          Protestors protesting protestors protesting protestors?
          Okay, now I've got a headache.

Comment

This should be fun...
            "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Apparently hardly any of their sad little freak cult showed up. A couple of them with signs, and that's it. Oh well, too bad, so sad. If they decide to make like Sand People (Come back later, with greater numbers), I hope they do get their butts handed to them. Why they haven't been branded a hate group yet is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanita View Post
                Apparently hardly any of their sad little freak cult showed up. A couple of them with signs, and that's it. Oh well, too bad, so sad. If they decide to make like Sand People (Come back later, with greater numbers), I hope they do get their butts handed to them. Why they haven't been branded a hate group yet is beyond me.
                Would you mind clarifying that last statement? Haven't been branded by whom? Pretty well anyone who keeps a list of hate groups is going to have them on it, but the government doesn't because they don't HAVE such a list.

As for hardly any showing up... not that surprising. There aren't many of them to begin with, and surely some have to go to work. Add the significant transportation costs, and it's more effective to stir up lots of publicity than to try to gather enough people on their side to make a protest people would notice if it weren't given so much free publicity just because it's them. Likewise, like senators filibustering, they often just *announce* that they're going to protest rather than doing it at all, but they have to show up once in a while to keep people listening.
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I know that the Canadian government has made it very clear that the WBC cult is NOT welcome here- they were turned back at the airport the last time they tried to come up here, if memory serves. Canada Customs wouldn't let them pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixilated View Post

Okay, now I've got a headache.
                    Antidisestablishmentarianism.
                    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Working...
                    X