apparently ignorance is an excuse for breaking the law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
    Well UK newspapers think calling him a peodophile (in the underage sex sense) is valid, even if the cut off date of actual peodophilia is say 9 and the ages between 10-13 are called something else ditto for 14-15, basically anyone under the UK legal age of consent falls under this bracket as far as the press is concerned.

what sells more papers or garneshes more reader anger
    man arrested for under age sex (remember she could be 15 years and 364 days and still be classed as under age) or
    Man arrested for peodophilia?
    That is my point, actually. BK backs her claims of rape and grooming with this one sentence from a yellow press article - press who are known to exaggerate at the very least, if not simply make stuff up entirely. I believe that making a claim such as this - even if it's only in an internet discussion forum - should have a bit more research behind it.
    "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
    "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

I think it's Turkey, but it was years ago so I forget exactly, but there was this family that went abroad for their holidays (again I think it was turkey) and over there the legal age is or was 13, so even though in the UK their daughter is considered under age, over there she was seen as 'fair game' and was befriended by a bar man in his 20's and they decided to do the deed, not rape but I'm not sure how consentual it was, it seemed mostly mutual, but she was still nieve enough and wanted to stay there with him when the holiday ended. Parents tried their best to convince her and might have had to leave without her, iir she came back with them or later having come to her sences.

I know it's not totaly linked to the case in question, but remember kids if it is legal in the country you are visiting no laws are broken.

Comment

Working...
      X