• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You deserve rape" sermon on university campus

Grr.

http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/m/art...y-on-ua-campus

Some one deserves a good cock punch.

Comment

A single sign doesn't actually equal a sermon, but it also doesn't equal anything useful as a message, either.

Plus, he's a misogynist. Note in the article that he only refers to clothing that women wear. Ignorant tool probably doesn't even consider the fact that men also get raped.
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The sign could have been better (did I just say that?) worded to follow his speech. Still doesn't make it anymore true. But no one deserves rape.

Comment

Nobody deserves rape. This is just overzealous, hyper-puritanical slut-shaming. He really needs to reconsider his position on that.

Comment

I went into reading that article looking for some way "you deserve rape" could be less outlandish in context; you know, the whole "wages of sin is death" thing, something along those lines. But halfway through, “if you dress like a whore, act like a whore, you’re probably going to get raped.” I'm a bit disappointed it turned out to be just another victim-blamer.

Some one deserves a good cock punch.
            Is there such a thing as a good cock punch?
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Just an academic question - does he apply the same standard to men, or is this a women-only castigation? For that matter, what would "dressing slutty" for a man even be?

Comment

His terminology appears to be entirely built around women and the way women dress.

Like I said: misogynist. He's hiding his hate behind religion.
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
                  Just an academic question - does he apply the same standard to men, or is this a women-only castigation? For that matter, what would "dressing slutty" for a man even be?
                  Sequined speedo's?

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
                    Technically wouldn't it be wearing their pants below their bottoms? I read that (though not sure if it is true or not, so don't quote me) the style was developed in prison, for prisoners who wanted to show that they were willing to have sex with other prisoners without warning the guards.

Comment

I'm sure the Westboro Baptist Church would welcome him.
                      Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                        Technically wouldn't it be wearing their pants below their bottoms? I read that (though not sure if it is true or not, so don't quote me) the style was developed in prison, for prisoners who wanted to show that they were willing to have sex with other prisoners without warning the guards.
                        While the trend started in prison, it wasn't for that reason.

Snopes is your friend.

That man is a foul, little toad. Hopefully, someday he'll get his.

Comment

"You deserve rape"

And you deserve a punch in the face - doesn't make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                            Is there such a thing as a good cock punch?
                            Hey, some people are into that sort of thing...
                            I'm liberal on some issues and conservative on others. For example, I would not burn a flag, but neither would I put one out. -Garry Shandling

You can't believe in something you don't. -Ricky Gervais

Comment

Working...
                            X