"Jesus is Muslim" billboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Jesus is Muslim" billboards

Billboards with that message on it have been popping up in Ohio. Granted, the group claims they're doing it so people can better understand Islam, but that's not the reaction they're getting.

I'm trying to follow their line of thinking...

Still got nothing.

Comment

I couldn't follow it either. Of course, I'm also living in a state where we don't set our rivers on fire But seriously, I don't get how Jesus could have been a Muslim--he died about 600 years before Mohammed

Comment

Very incorrect, he was Jewish. He came to clarify judaism, not to replace it ... oops!

Comment

Technically, Jesus (or "Isa" as he is called in the Q'uran) is a highly revered and respected prophet within Islam (as he was the second to last Holy Prophet - the last one is the Prophet Muhammad), so one may argue that he sorta introduced some basic stuff that became core values within that religion, and Muhammad (under divine influence) adjusted the values into what Islamic scholarship now sees as perfect. And since Jesus according to the Q'uran (iirc) never was crucifixed but instead went to Heaven in a chariot of fire (like Isaiah(?)) he never died, so...

Though those billboard guys are going a bit overboard with this.
          Last edited by NorthernZel; 03-31-2014, 08:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
          X