Fred Phelps, my reflection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Phelps, my reflection

It has been a few months, and I think I have refined my thoughts enough (also, procrastinated a bit too ) Fred Phelps died and I had complex emotions on him.

Honestly, I did not like Fred Phelps, but I prayed deeply for him. He stood against my Lord God, while proclaiming a false gospel, and yet, I prayed deeply for his Salvation.

A few months before, I heard the most glorious of news. The 2 granddaughters left the 'church' for a real Christian Church. After I confirmed the information, I wept the sweetest tears of Joy I had ever experienced. I can still remember the warmth of the Holy Spirit filling me with this great Joy. It was the first time I ever cried with such great Joy, and I told everyone I could find about it for days. I even danced in my living room. Are these the type tears the Angels shed every time someone is reborn into Christ? My heart still skips a beat just thinking about it.

Then I thought "If such Joy came from these 2, who I had not heard about until now, How much more Glory unto the Lord would come if he (Fred Phelps) would come back to the Lord our God?" So I prayed furiously to soften his heart and to send a messenger to help him repent and come back to the Lord. I prayed this from then until I heard the news of his death.

I will not know if Fred Phelps decided to come back to the Lord, I may not know until I ask Jesus in person. Even though he was my enemy, I had to pray for him. Even now I hope that (even if only on his death bed) he came back too the Lord.

I know it is hard to explain to anyone who does not live the Christian lifestyle or believe in such things, but the Bible commands us to pray that none should die a sinners death, But that all people might find our Lord. This might be among the most important things we do, Pray for others salvation and tell the willing people of the world of the Good News of Salvation and the Truth of the Love of Jesus Christ.

I will agree that Phelps was very wrong (entire books have been written on how wrong he was). But if it breaks my Lords heart that someone dies a sinners death, then it should break mine as well.

I just want everyone to know there is peace, love, and forgiveness in God. And I pray deeply for this.

In FLT, go in peace.
    Noble Grand: Do you swear, on your sacred honor, to uphold the principles of Friendship, Love and Truth?
    Me: I do.
    (snippet of the Initiation ceremony of the Fraternal Order of Odd Fellows)
Working...
X