And you thought the Catholics had all the trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
    I wish it were possible for physically disabled folks to have jobs that require only a few hours a week or to job share or something.
    Here it is possible. They call it flexjob and essentially the employer pay normal wages and is compensated for the hours the employee can't work. There are a lot of restrictions on that to ensure the opportunity isn't abused. The employee is only paid in full for the hours worked and have to be able to work (and convince a doctor of the ability) at least twelve hours AFAIR.

Comment

Unfortunately, the flex work they give disabled in the US is too often abused. I read a lawsuit over the disabled at a corporate owned thrift store chain being tested in a manner to ensure that they were paid at a lower wage than they legitimately earned.
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Mikkel View Post
        Here it is possible. They call it flexjob and essentially the employer pay normal wages and is compensated for the hours the employee can't work. There are a lot of restrictions on that to ensure the opportunity isn't abused. The employee is only paid in full for the hours worked and have to be able to work (and convince a doctor of the ability) at least twelve hours AFAIR.
        That has changed recently - I think 1 hour/wk is the limit. But it is a very difficult process to get eligible for flexjob, and too many people are kept on a low welfare income until the process is done (which can take several years).

Comment

Working...
        X