Eric Hovind Demonstrates How To Be A Dick To Fast Food Workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Hovind Demonstrates How To Be A Dick To Fast Food Workers

A helluva first post to Fratching, doncha think? Some of you might know me form over at Customerssuck. If not, howdy! Now, onto the suckiness!

Where I work, this kind of thing would be considered a form of solicitation and grounds for being asked to leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVSL...ature=youtu.be

What an obnoxious thing to do. At least his video was thumbed down and comments were mostly negative, but I bet he's the type who would take it as a sign of persecution or some shit.

Comment

Oh, he'll find a way to spin that into an attack on his religion. He's got that in common with his snake-oil salesman father.

Comment

OK, you've got me curious, but I don't want to increase his view counter.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
          OK, you've got me curious, but I don't want to increase his view counter.
          Basically, he orders using the name "Jesus is lord" to get the workers to say it and 'spread the gospel'. I admit, it's a little clever, but is probably annoying for the workers behind the counter and I don't see it accomplishing much anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
            Basically, he orders using the name "Jesus is lord" to get the workers to say it and 'spread the gospel'. I admit, it's a little clever, but is probably annoying for the workers behind the counter and I don't see it accomplishing much anyway.
            Other than making himself look like a jackass, of course. And making Christians in general look like jerks to those who don't know better. Thanks; Jesús Island, your order's ready!
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

If he's a regular somewhere, one of the workers should have a friend hanging around so that when the food's ready for "Jesus is lord", the friend says "that's me!", so you have 2 people claiming the same order (if it's fast food, it's paid at the time of order, not the time of pickup). Natural solution: request ID from both to see who is "Jesus is lord". If neither has ID showing that as their name, neither gets the food, since both are clearly scammers trying to snag food someone else has paid for.

Comment

I decided to be a dick myself and forwarded the YouTube link to Taco Bell's customer service department, because it's a clear case of solicitation.

Comment

It's deceptive, that's what it is. It's not conducive to a true Christian life. He would be better off preaching the Word of God on a busy street corner in the middle of a freezing winter. Now to do that would be called dedication. Foolish dedication, perhaps, but still better than what he just did in that video!

Comment

I admit, it's a little clever, but is probably annoying for the workers behind the counter and I don't see it accomplishing much anyway.
                    It's no better than the idiots who leave flyers on cars in my company's parking lot. Nobody even looks at them--they go right into the trash. Still annoying, because we have to deal with them.

Comment

If I worked somewhere where I had to deal with this guy, I'd be tempted to say, "Tell you what, why don't we just use your order number instead? Looks like it's #666, how's that?"

Comment

^

Or if the price happens come up $6.66 (it's actually happened to me before thanks to sales tax).

Or have your name be some character from Harry Potter.

Comment

Or if the price happens come up $6.66 (it's actually happened to me before thanks to sales tax).
                          I had that happen once when I stopped for gas. Obviously, this was a long time ago, when it was cheaper. It actually stopped at 6.64, but I decided to be a smartass and squeeze two more cents into it.

When I went it to pay it, the lady at the register freaked out!
                          --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

^

Or have your name be some character from Harry Potter.
                            Believe it or not, while Australian currency no longer uses 1c and 2c coins (they were withdrawn from circulation in the late 80's and were melted down into the bronze medals for the 2000 Olympics...yeah, not making this up), that hasn't changed the prices of items. It's not uncommon for customers to get $6.66 or $66.66 or $66.6X on their screen. I have not had anyone chuck an extra item onto it funnily enough.

Comment

Can't (and probably won't ) watch the video. But were I the cashier with that, I'd just shout the first one. "Hey-Zeus.... Order here for Hey Zeus Sissy Lard!"

Comment

Working...
                              X