Militiamen Take Over Federal Wildlife Refuge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://gawker.com/oregon-milita-spok...mov-1753460681

One of the militia types is complaining he's lost his main source of income, foster children. They allowed people to fund them, instead of standing on their own feet...

Rapscallion
    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
    Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
      http://gawker.com/oregon-milita-spok...mov-1753460681

One of the militia types is complaining he's lost his main source of income, foster children.
      Poor baby. (Seriously, though, I hope the kids will be okay.)
      Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
      They allowed people to fund them, instead of standing on their own feet...
      Oh, but of course. If non-white people do that, they're "welfare queens" and "leeches". When white people do that, they're "sticking it to the gub'mint".
      Originally posted by toothpetard in the comments section
      ETA: I think an envelope of powdered sugar labelled ‘ANTHRAX’ sent to their address would clear the place out pretty well.
      Evil! I love it!
      People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
      If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Originally posted by Canarr View Post
        It's indeed highly probable that the same group would have already been forcibly ejected from the premises by SWAT or similar if they were black.
        If they were black they would have been stormed and/or shot by snipers long ago. The idea that they're being permitted to come and go, and even go shopping in the town, is ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by Mental_Mouse View Post
          If they were black they would have been stormed and/or shot by snipers long ago. The idea that they're being permitted to come and go, and even go shopping in the town, is ludicrous.
          Honestly, it's far better that way than to storm the building in force and blow everyone to Kingdom Come. Okay, it probably helps that it's a remote building with little traffic. But one can always hope someone will learn something about peaceful conflict resolution here.
          "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
          "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Honestly, it's far better that way than to storm the building in force and blow everyone to Kingdom Come. Okay, it probably helps that it's a remote building with little traffic. But one can always hope someone will learn something about peaceful conflict resolution here.
            Oh, I'm not saying that storming the building would be good... but they could be arrested when they go to town (or rather, when they try to go back to the refuge). Or at least have rangers giving them the WTF about why the refuge is there and the damage they're doing to it.

Comment

From the transcripts of the FBI negotiations, these guys are even bigger idiots then anyone realized. They couldn't even articulate what their demands were.

Time to shut off the plumbing and deliver Chipotle as a peace offering.

Comment

Okay, I have to ask: are we sure these people aren't just trolling? I mean, a room full of Comedy writers couldn't make this seem more satirical if they tried.
                "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
                "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Okay, I have to ask: are we sure these people aren't just trolling? I mean, a room full of Comedy writers couldn't make this seem more satirical if they tried.
                  Oh no, they are completely serious. These are the same fucknuts that had taken up sniper positions at Bundy's ranch. They're the perfect mix of stupid and armed.

Also, I see they have set up their own court to try the Federal government now...

Comment

Taken from my FB feed (posted by CNN):

UPDATE: One person was killed as authorities arrested a group of people involved with the armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife refuge, the FBI and Oregon State Police say.
                    Just in: Federal authorities have arrested Ammon Bundy, an official said.
                    Looks like they're getting what they wanted...?
                    Last edited by Tama; 01-27-2016, 06:36 AM.

Comment

There's a few more details here:

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns...ed-fbi-oregon/

Comment

Live an idiot, die an idiot.

Also the main lot of them were arrested after leaving the refuge on a road trip. Not exactly rocket scientists. Yeah, the government is the big evil enemy out to get you all but I'm sure it'll be fine if you just zip down to Walmart.

Comment

Working...
                        X