Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bundy's Second Amendment Rights are being violated, just so you know

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow

You know, the fact that they're in prison shouldn't keep them from their firearms. They didn't waive that right.
    Help a friend!

They're also upset that they aren't being allowed to wear their special religious garments instead of prison-issue clothing. And that they aren't allowed to freely associate.
    "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
    TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

They're being treated the same as any other gang.

If they get Bloods and Crips for example, they're not going to just let them mix and cause trouble. Or do these guys think that that is different, because those people are different?

Comment

I don't think the Bundys realise what prison is. It's supposed to violate some of your rights- that's why it's only legal to incarcerate someone pre-trial if it can be proven to be necessary.

There IS one possible legitimate complaint, tough: what do they mean by limits on access to the prison law library and office supplies?(and discovery materials) If thy restrictions would legitimately prevent them preparing a defense, they have ave a case.

oh, and freedom of religion can, in fact, be curtailed in prison. (to cut a long story short, religious underwear is probably fine to ban- if nothing else, it's likely to be just a ruse either to smuggle something into the prison, or to force the prison to buy the underwear from them. It's just like prison is once circumstance where a Sikh could be deprived of their ceremonial knife.

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
          There IS one possible legitimate complaint, tough: what do they mean by limits on access to the prison law library and office supplies?(and discovery materials) If thy restrictions would legitimately prevent them preparing a defense, they have ave a case.

It's scheduled time, as in it has to be booked first-come first served, they believe they should be THE ONLY ONES with access. they also want desks, chairs, and laptops with full internet access.

further details here
          Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Darn it, you got my hopes up that it was going to be an article about Al Bundy

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
              It's scheduled time, as in it has to be booked first-come first served, they believe they should be THE ONLY ONES with access. they also want desks, chairs, and laptops with full internet access.

further details here
              desks and chairs is reasonable- they need to be able to take notes.

as for laptops with full internet access, nope.

the only thing I can think of is that there does need to be a system in place to make sure everyone is able to use the law library- if the first-come-first-serve means someone is functionally unable to use the library, that could be an issue.

edit- I should clarify- it looks like the issue is they want desks and chairs in the cells. THAT is unreasonable.
              Last edited by s_stabeler; 05-29-2016, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drjonah View Post
                Darn it, you got my hopes up that it was going to be an article about Al Bundy
                Just be glad it isn't about Ted Bundy.
                Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

Strange. Given the behavior that put them in prison in the first place, I was so sure they'd be perfectly reasonable once they were there.
                  "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                  X