Question about the "affluenza" teen case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the "affluenza" teen case

So I was just reading an article about the mother of the "affluenza" teen and the charges being brought against her. One of the charges is money laundering because of the $30,000 used to leave the country. Why would this charge apply? (the article didn't explain) My understanding was it was her own money being used. Is it money laundering then, if money is used to commit a crime?

Originally posted by flybye023 View Post
    So I was just reading an article about the mother of the "affluenza" teen and the charges being brought against her. One of the charges is money laundering because of the $30,000 used to leave the country. Why would this charge apply? (the article didn't explain) My understanding was it was her own money being used. Is it money laundering then, if money is used to commit a crime?
    Giving money to someone to commit a crime is a form of money laundering. Money laundering actually includes a wide range of activities.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Makes sense...so it was probably not her use (or just her use) of the money but giving it to her son to use also?

Comment

Working...
      X