Attempted attack on LA Pride Parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempted attack on LA Pride Parade

I can't link the stories from my phone, but the guy was heavily armed and had what they think is a bomb.

What is wrong with people today!?

Its complicated.

I honestly think the upcoming Presidential election is going to make things worse.

Comment

Truthfully, I think a lot of millenials probably don't want us to investigate the network effect of the internet, but if I look for a "change" I'd say the biggest is the ease with which one can not only attempt to "martyr" themselves, but people's inability to think locally means crazy acts of terror on a neighborhood become international acts of remembrance. I know that sounds cold, but it is the world's ease of reacting brought about by the connectivity of the internet that invites the behavior.

I live in Dallas so before the internet there was the Luby's Cafeteria killings and the tragedy in Waco followed by the OKC bombing. No one confused them with sane people. They had reasons. Those reasons were fallacious.

The internet allows people to weaponize acts as symbolic of causes. But the more you pay attention to it, the more you invite the behavior. If indeed we reverse course in this country I'm guessing only two things will do it. One would be the removal of the tools from the public (which might cause an all out street fight anyway) and the other will be if people stop paying attention. People are less inclined to die for nothing.

Comment

Working...
      X