Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess I'd get kicked out of the school's SGA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The issue in the Michael Brown case was that it was handled fairly unusually- and how it was handled suggested the prosecution were trying to throw the case ( the Grand Jury heard all the evidence, when they are only supposed to hear the evidence for the prosecution, for example. The Grand Jury is somewhat misnamed- they aren't a proper jury that has been empanelled after checking they aren't biased, nor are they looking for proof beyond reasonable doubt. They are looking specifically for there being a case to answer- that is, is there a question of fact in the case. As such, the Grand Jury should not have heard anything about the officer's story, since that should have been saved for a subsequent trial.

Comment

Originally posted by Estil View Post
      PS: And on this note, what's up with this emerging "safe spaces" movement? What, your dorm room, apartment, house, man cave, basement, park, secret spot in the woods/meadow, etc etc isn't enough? :P
      "Safe Spaces" are, IMHO, stupid. It's getting to the point where people (mainly millennials) are wanting "safe spaces" in their workplace. People that rely on these things are going to get a rude awakening one day, because the "real world" doesn't have "safe spaces".
      Last edited by mjr; 08-09-2016, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
        The issue in the Michael Brown case was that it was handled fairly unusually- and how it was handled suggested the prosecution were trying to throw the case
        What, you mean a judicial system that is historically incapable of rendering fair judgement on police officers shouldn't be held up as the standard bearer of truth to discredit an entire movement?

Now you're just talking crazy. >.>

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
          "Safe Spaces" are, IMHO, stupid. It's getting to the point where people (mainly millennials) are wanting "safe spaces" in their workplace. People that rely on these things are going to get a rude awakening one day, because the "real world" doesn't have "safe spaces".
          I don't think it's so much stupid as it is redundant. We already have safe spaces. Mine for example is my man cave/den that has most all my worldly possessions (trading cards, video games, books, etc) and has my bed and my kitty is often with me while I'm sleeping or doing gaming and whatnot. That sort of safe space/zone is good enough for me. Make your own safe space/zone, happy place or whatnot of your own taste. No need to have some other guys do it for you :P

Comment

Working...
          X