Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another mom publicly humiliating her kids.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another mom publicly humiliating her kids.

Link to video

TLDW: Mom films video following daughter around school after she finds out she's been skipping class.

This was painful to watch. It's already creepy enough that she's following her daughter around school with a camera (is that even allowed on school property?), but her narration made me want to punch my monitor 30 seconds in. The irony is that by humiliating her AT SCHOOL, she's giving her daughter even more of a reason to skip.

Yes, because this will totally make the situation better. Don't find out *why* she's ditching. Just harass your child in front of the entire world. Also make sure to give the world her name, what she looks like and where she goes to school. That way she can be a target for the entire internet along with her peers. Because lets face it there is no way the entire school didn't know about this by lunch and won't remember it for the next 30 years of high school reunions.

Comment

I can -sort of- see the point of following your kid around if they've been skipping school- the point being to make sure they don't skip school again- but filming it and posting it online? yeah... way too far. Just on the punishment angle, a rule of thumb is that the consequences for a punishment should not extend past the point punishment has been served (so any form of public humiliation is, to be blunt, idiotic, since it invites people to remember said public humiliation for an unknown length of time.)

For that matter, I generally favour punishments that are relatively easy to reverse if you discover a mistake has been made. ( for instance, if you decide to deprive a kid of something- say, a favourite toy- then 1. don't actually get rid of said toy. 2. don't make it a permanent deprivation except in extreme circumstances- take it away for say, a day or a week. The idea is that the kid may well correct their behaviour once they realise you are serious, and so you don't need to permanently deprive them of something they enjoy. That goes double, by the way, if the kid bought the item with their own money- or, in the case of a cell phone, if they would need to pay for a contract they can no longer use. ( and don't use the cell phone yourself if the kid still has to pay the bill.)

Comment

s stabler: Toward the end of the video, mom mentions something about the teacher calling the school nurse and finding out that her daughter was never there. I guess she must have played sick to get out of class, but was caught in her lie. So that's even less of a reason for mom to follow her around with a camera (since she was already caught for skipping, there's no need to catch her on camera).
        Last edited by Rageaholic; 09-04-2016, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Does this woman not realize she's only setting her daughter up to be bullied? There's punishment, and there's going way too far, and this mom did the latter. She owes her daughter a million apologies, and probably some professional therapy, after this! What was so wrong with sitting her down and talking to her about it??

Comment

These things always feel like the parent's cry for attention and I feel like talking to them as such, "Now (insert latest parent idiot) there is such a thing as good attention and bad attention wouldn't you rather get good attention when you raise your kid right and help them find the right path rather than bad attention of million internet followers yelling at you"
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

Working...
            X