Cal State's Segregated Dorms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal State's Segregated Dorms

This has been going through the social media storm for a couple days now.

Cal State LA has been considered among the most hostile to minorities. This is one of their measures to "fix" the problem.

I don't think it fixes any problem. I'd say it gives the racists in the student body a sort of validation that their intimidating behavior "worked." I mean, isn't this sort of segregation, even if it's optional, what some of the especially bigoted population want?

I understand it's all up to the black students to do this to themselves (although quantities are very limited), but let's think about why they want to do it: It's because their student body is so racist and intimidating that they feel this is the best thing to do. The fact that they must do this indicates the campus as a whole is a very unhealthy social environment, regardless of whether they feel safer in their dorms. That doesn't sound like a "choice" to me. Had racism not been a serious problem in the campus, nobody would be so compelled to decide to segregate themselves.

To me, it's a failure on the part of the school administration that they've let the issue get so out of hand that this is their response to it.

It seems this one is being blown out of proportion by some of the usual suspects.

Comment

Working...
    X