Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello 911 <click hangup>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...fcL&OCID=HPDHP

A Houston 911 operator it seems, regularly HUNG UP on persons calling 911 cause she just did not want to talk to anyone right then. It seem this persisted for YEARS before it was caught by supervisors/managers

and that is NOT the worst part. She is only facing maybe a year in jail and a relatively small fine.

BIG TIME law suits could result.

There is not much more I can say but WT EVERLOVING F?
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

unfortunately, while I agree what this woman did was despicable, I can actually see why there is only a minor punishment available. In the majority of cases, a 911 operator hanging up would be because whoever is calling is being abusive- as such, a serious punishment would be unjustified.

basically, the law in question didn't have what is a ridiculous situation in mind.

I do hope, by the way, that the operator in question gets hit really hard by lawsuits. That kind of behaviour is unacceptable.

Comment

Her actions resulted in at least one death, according to the article. As a prosecutor I would at least try to get a negligent homicide charge. Not sure if they tried that or not, though.

What I don't understand is I could possibly see getting away with this for years by hanging up in such a way someone thinks it was an innocent mistake or a dropped call. She said stuff like, "Ain't nobody got time for this. For real." in March and they didn't open any investigation until June. I mean, how could the security guard who called not report that? I'm certain this wasn't the only time she made snide remarks like that before hanging up, so what gives?

Comment

Working...
      X