When there's no one to punch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When there's no one to punch

I was there when my best friend testified at the sentencing of her ex-husband. He was sent to prison for the abuse that nearly cost her son's life. I held her hand while he spoke on his own behalf and she attempted to squeeze my hand off.

I smiled as the judge threw the book at him. I saw the worry in my friend's eye when she mentioned "what about when he gets out" I told her I would be there for her.

I didn't realize how literally I meant that. Today we went to see a movie together after taking her son to a children's play area. After the movie she saw a text from her mom and shot into a full blown panic attack.

All I could do was put my hand on her shoulder and just rub my thumb gently as she slowly calmed down. I gave her a smile told her it would be all right. Made sure she knew to have 911 on speed dial (Ha ha yeah I get it but trust me being able to hold and autodial the number can save a life)

No matter what the police report says, the facts of the case etc he seems to have convinced his family that he took the fall for her. This worries me.

I smiled at her told her evrerything would be all right and to call me anytime she needs me.

I hate feeling this helpless. There is nothing I can do more than what I am doing but I want to. I want to be there. I want to protect her and her son. I want to keep them safe and I can really only do so much towards that.

I know there isn't much to say to this mostly I just needed to get it off my chest and wasn't sure where else I could possibly put this out there.

I hoping he respects the restraining order. I am hoping he stays away and gets on with his life and leaves both her and him alone.

If he tries to hurt them. I honestly don't know what I would do. I feel deeply for them both.

I want to punch someone but who do you punch when there's no one to punch?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Dnt´really have much to add, just wishing good luck.

good on you for standing by her.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
      I want to punch someone but who do you punch when there's no one to punch?
      Go to the gym and take it out on a punching bag.

Thank you for being there for her and her son. I hope things work out.
      People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
      If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Found out that with the exception of his aunt her ex has his whole family convinced that she is the one that hurt their kid and framed him for it. Even though after an extensive investigation she was cleared of any wrongdoing and jumped through every hoop imaginable to get her son back.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Working...
        X