Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daskinor
    replied
    There are so many layers to this argument.

And in the end this is a perfect example why many of them are bullshit. Getting into them would be counterproductive.

Because in the end, as a society we decided that this is acceptable. The right to have a gun is more important then why they are used for. Honestly I think after Sandy Hook all hope of discussion and action was lost. As a nation we normalized the death of children, how do you turn back from that.

Leave a comment:

• Greenday
    replied
    There's so much I can't stand about the gun control debate.

We have the pro-gun trying to avoid having the debate all together by saying it's "too soon" as if that's a real thing.

We have conservatives that claim we need more guns, etc. as if a large crowd opening fire on a hotel could possibly be a good idea.

We have liberals who suggest gun measures which wouldn't have changed a single thing.

And then there's the moderates who just want reasonable background checks, proper training for those who purchase guns, and just general responsible ownership.

I just have problems with there being so much protection for those who sell guns. Because of laws protecting them, they can't be held responsible if someone purchases a gun to use a crime. Even if it's been an obvious straw purchase, holding gun shops responsible in court has been severely challenging.

Leave a comment:

• Crazedclerkthe2nd
    started a topic Las Vegas Shootings

Las Vegas Shootings

The U.S. has just experienced the worst mass shooting in history. Close to 60 dead and over 400 injured.

The gun control debate is igniting again as it always does after these incidents.

I don't know that gun control is the answer but what I can't help but notice is that the U.S. by far seems more prone to these kinds of incidents than other nations.
Working...
X